very sad day UPDATE- lost even more :o(

Glad you got the little culprit!!
thumbsup.gif

Nothing else caught last night!
I guess I'll let the boys out for a while today before the storms come through. Looks like we are all going to be stuck inside for a while if what they are predicting comes to pass!
Traps will stay out for a while longer... lets see what else might be nosing around.

Today was the first day that the boys went into the pen on their own... they are roosting in there now. I am going out in a few minutes to put them in the secure dog crate that we moved into there today. Up untill now they avoided even going near the open door of the pen. Is it possible that the mink had actually taken up residence under/behind straw bails, 3 deep, that I had in there as a wind break (lots of "stuff" stacked up around the pen also)? Could she have been that close during the day? All in all they are much more calm than they have been since we lost the girls. It's nice to see them being themselves again.

:)Green River thanks so much for the downloading tip I had been having problems. I'm still trying to get my avitar to download but I'll get it! The pics of the mink are why I love this site. You see all kinds of neat things. Edited: I got my avatar to download.

Last edited:
I had to say i love your saying
At the church where i belong the pastor allways says GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME
and we the congergation reply ALL THE TIME GOD IS GOOD

It's been several days since we caught the mink...
we have caught nothing else and the boys are calm and back to being themselves...
the girls will continue to stay at my friends until Spring...
at that time we plan on re-doing everything, making it as predator-proof as we can...
THEN the girls can come home!
The day I started this thread, I was going to give up my birds altogether...
I was very discouraged.
Now we have a plan...
and I want to thank you all here on BYC for the kind words and encouragement!
You are a big part of the reason that I'm starting over!
"THANK YOU"!
Come Spring I will let you all know when the girls come home...
pics included!
Thanks All!

Back
Top Bottom