Very sick chicken

CloverCricket

Hatching
10 Years
Sep 22, 2009
Good morning,

I woke this morning to my Plymouth Rock Hen, hatched in February, panting and heavily breathing in her coop. She is on her side. Eyes closed. She hasn't had anything attack her. Normal food and water.

Any suggestion? Ideas?

Erika
Seattle, WA

So sorry about your chicken. Is she eating or drinking?

My roostie was sick a few weeks ago, I think he got too hot, not sure. His comb and waddled turned almost completely white, he was closing his eyes too, like he was going to die. He is doing fine now, after speaking to my friend at the feed store, he said if he is drinking, to put electrolites and vitamins (find in packet at feed store) and add to the water. I did that. Anyway, kept him seperate and in my daughters room, it was quiet there and cool in the AC.
He bounced back, I sure hope yours does too.

I came on to post the same - my poor girl's comb is almost white, very labored breathing, could not get on roost last night, nor off today. She looks like she is at deaths door.

I'm not sure if she's eating or drinking... but she can hardly stand up.

do you think it's worth taking her to the vet?

My girl passed about 30 minutes ago. I was separating her from her sisters while on hold trying to track down meds. I am beside myself. For us, and I know for many others, these are beloved pets. I can't believe how quickly this all happened.

Awwwwww
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom