very swollen eye and sick chick

Get antibiotic eye ointment on that eye ASAP. In the mean time see if you can tape it close. Or cover it with a Saline moistened bandage.

That is beyond weird looking. Something is going on there. Can you do a front pic?

ive been putting ointment three times a day i will try the bandaid, and im trying to upload pics but im having trouble, ill try to get another pic, its taking forever to load them, thanks,

44782_000_0001_00.jpg
ok hope it works, i tryed to close the eye with moist warm compress, didnt work, i put on more ointment and tryed bandaids , no go, ill try somr moistened gauze and tape next, man i feel bad for her, thanks for listening, juliet

The eye looks like its deflated from that front pic. I'm going to suggest something though, apply light pressure just behind her beak at the bottom of her eye. Push up, I want to know if anything comes from the eye lid/socket.

Its the pupil reactive to light at all? If you do not see motion then the bird is blind in that eye.

i tryed that, nothing came out, we just tryed some can you see tests,. i think now shes blind in that one, i just hope we can save her , one eyed birds ive had before, but there has to be an infection or a tumor, hope not a tumor,.thanks, for your help.
juliet

well i have a call in to my vet, hes not a bird vet but may be ablr to help. the eye isnt deflated though the pic does look that way. there is like a yellow clear hard scab over the eye ball itself keeping the lids from being able to close i think.,
im just trying to keep it moist and keeping up the shots. hope the vet calls tonight.
thanks all,

hello,
well the scab. clearish yellow . is smaller today. the vet left a mess today while i was at work he said hed try again, but he said to kep it moist and keep up the shots anywhay for 7 days, im sure hell get with me, the lids of her eye are tearing today and reacting to touch, im happy if she is only blind its good, the other eye works and i gave both a bunch of salad and bread and hard boild egg and she followes the 2 half old chicks actions to get the treats, her aim isnt good so i gave em a pile, they are on a towel on the couch, i also found a little yellow bug on the little one, {that i thought was sick but shes just just kinda thin and dumpy.}shes eating and gaining weight, i did give her 2 shots, i also put some electrolyte and vitamins in the water a few days ago, both bird still preen and since i have them in a large rubbermaid tub with pine bedding and shredded black n white newspaper. when i worked for a pet shop they said that the ink would kill lice,.. we quarantined rodents birds and reptiles in it for a week for that reason, is the little shield shaped Yellow bug a lice, never seen them before, they squish EASILY, thanks all,
silkymom

well she died yesterday she lost weight and i was feeding with a syringe baby parrot food
, she didnt make it, i t
silkymom

Back
Top Bottom