Very Tiny Buff Chick [Pictures]

On the chance that your adorable tiny chick is slow in developing, I recommend you get some Poultry Nutri-drench and give it an undiluted drop daily for the next week. If you ever find yourself again with a chick that is lagging in development, this vitamin therapy, if started early, could help get it started catching up in development before it lags too far behind, thus preventing it from ever achieving full growth. There may still be time for this chick to catch most of the way up.

Yes, it could be a bantam accidentally dumped in the wrong bin, but unlikely. It's much more common to see failure-to-thrive chicks or some degree of it as in your chick. Extra foods can also help such as tofu, minced boiled egg, even some baby food. I feed the runt right in with the others because they're more likely to eat when facing competition from the other chicks. It's okay for all three to get these treats. Pro-biotics is a good idea, too. So is fermenting the chick feed.

Keep updating your thread. We all are interested in your chick's progress.

Thank you very much! I'm out to buy the Nutri -drench right now and will start her on it when I get home. All of the chicks are already getting probiotics, electrolytes, and occasionally plain yogurt but I hadn't thought of tofu or baby food! I'll definitely try everything you have suggested and will continue to update.

Back
Top Bottom