very weak baby chick

i have gotten the corid and put it in the water and she won't eat or drink anything and still hasn't pooped she can barely keep her balance

It is contagious to the chickens. It won't make you sick. It's a protozoan type parasite that lives in the soil, it's everywhere, they pick it up scratching and pecking in the soil. Once they have been exposed to it, and recover, they will be resistant to it and should not get sick again unless their immune systems are weakened by something else. Warm, wet conditions can cause the numbers to increase, causing illness. Young birds that have not been exposed (brooder chicks often become ill when moved outside for the first time) are the most at risk. It's pretty common in chicks, especially brooder raised ones. It's spread through their droppings, so keeping poop cleaned up, keeping feeders and waterers clean and free of droppings helps. It can be carried from place to place on shoes, clothing, equipment, buckets, etc. The oocysts (the 'eggs' for lack of a better term) are microscopic in size. I would treat all of them that are kept together, they have all been exposed.
But the medication has to get in them to work, so do give the oral dose until she/they are feeling better and eating and drinking normally. Sometimes they perk up after a day or two, sometimes it takes longer. The sooner you start treatment, the better chance she/they will recover.

Give her the oral dose, and also give her some of the medicated water orally several times a day, until she starts drinking on her own. You can try holding a dish of the mixture up to her beak, see if she will drink. If not you will have to give it via syringe (that's the best way) or with an eye dropper. Just don't squirt it with force into her beak. Open the beak and drop it gently and slowly into her beak and let her swallow it. Repeat until the entire oral dose is given, or if it's the mixture, as much as you can get her to take. She doesn't feel good, so she's not going to eat or drink. Once she starts feeling better, she will start doing it on her own.

i have given her the water by mouth but right now i did and she started drooling and still hasn't pooped at all

It's very hard for me to say, I can't see you, or her. See these instructions for giving meds safely:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...dications-to-all-poultry-and-waterfowl.73335/
You don't want her to aspirate (inhale) any. Maybe you need to go slower, let her swallow smaller amounts more often. Just try a few drops at a time, let her swallow, be patient. See if that helps. If she's not drinking, she may also be dehydrated. The next step would be to tube the medicated water, not sure you are up for that? Is she struggling or fighting you any? Is she responsive?
Instructions for tubing are here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...res-under-construction.1064392/#post-16201671

A couple of things to check, feel her crop, see if you can feel anything in there, hard, soft, squishy, etc. It's on the lower neck/breast area, usually slightly right of center (her right). Picture below to help.
Also have someone hold her, use a flashlight, look into her beak and as far back into her throat as possible. See if you can see her tongue, make sure there is nothing stuck or obstructing, also look in the choanal slit in the top of the beak. Picture below for that also.
crop3-1024x900.jpg

choanalslit..jpg

Use a wet washcloth or rag, soak the poo til it's soft enough to clean off. Try to use warm water and dry her off completely after, you don't want her to get chilled.
Is she acting any better?

Use a wet washcloth or rag, soak the poo til it's soft enough to clean off. Try to use warm water and dry her off completely after, you don't want her to get chilled.
Is she acting any better?
ok and she still isn't moving at all

Back
Top Bottom