very weak baby chick

It sounds like she's very, very sick. Did you check her mouth and throat? Crop is likely empty, but you should check. If you want her to have a chance you need to work very hard on getting fluids and the medication in her today. It may be too late. :hugs

It sounds like she's very, very sick. Did you check her mouth and throat? Crop is likely empty, but you should check. If you want her to have a chance you need to work very hard on getting fluids and the medication in her today. It may be too late. :hugs
i checked her throat and crop yesterday and her crop was kinda full and her throat was empty. i gave her probiotic yogurt and corid water yesterday. i got the poop off but i cannot get the smell off

Don't worry about the smell, it's not the main issue. And I wouldn't use anything but warm water and maybe a little mild soap.
Is her crop still full this morning? If it is, what does it feel like, soft, hard, squishy, doughy, etc.?

Don't worry about the smell, it's not the main issue. And I wouldn't use anything but warm water and maybe a little mild soap.
Is her crop still full this morning? If it is, what does it feel like, soft, hard, squishy, doughy, etc.?
ok and her crop is empty

Well that is good, whatever went in yesterday was able to pass through then. I would work really hard on getting the medication in her and getting fluids in her. Give her the oral dose this morning and then, if at all possible give her some of the medicated water every 20-30 minutes through out the day. As much as you can get her to take each time. Don't worry about food right now, work on the medicated water. If you can get her feeling better, she will start to eat. She may poop more and it may be runny and stick to her again. Keep her on clean bath towels that you can swap out as needed if they get dirty.

Well that is good, whatever went in yesterday was able to pass through then. I would work really hard on getting the medication in her and getting fluids in her. Give her the oral dose this morning and then, if at all possible give her some of the medicated water every 20-30 minutes through out the day. As much as you can get her to take each time. Don't worry about food right now, work on the medicated water. If you can get her feeling better, she will start to eat. She may poop more and it may be runny and stick to her again. Keep her on clean bath towels that you can swap out as needed if they get dirty.
what do you mean by oral dose like other medicine?? i only have corid

Back
Top Bottom