vicious pitbull

scorpy,

it's Quadcam logged in under my gf's name on our other pc.

thats exactly it, pitties were bred to be dog/dog aggressive and the human aggressive ones were put down. the media likes to scare people when they do stories on "pitbull attacks"
but you never really get the whole story.

what made me post the pics was a thread i read on another forum about a doberman attack. all the news story said was a doberman had attacked and killed an 8 month old boy in NY.
I just gotta wonder the circumstances of that story, my guess the kid was left alone with the dog, probably pulled on the dog trying to stand up and the dog took it as a threat and bit the kid. I remember when dobies were the dog to fear, they are great dogs and really intelligent matter of fact next dog i get will be a dobie.

i found this list about aggressive breeds:

breeds that are considered potentially aggressive.

* Chow Chows are one-person dogs that tend to bite without any warning. They are also a bit ferocious around strangers, and can be quite a tenacious fighter. So make sure to discipline this dog and set right from wrong, immediately.
* The Papillon is fiercely loyal of their owners - to a fault. They can be quite possessive and standoffish to strangers.
* Old English Sheepdogs are very protective of their owners so they might be aggressive if anybody tends to be too close to its owners.
* A Llasa Apso often gets cranky around kids.
* Rottweilers are extremely protective of their masters.
* Chihuahuas aren't too fond of kids. They'd rather be with adults than play around with tots.
* Toy Poodles bite people and other animals out of self defense. Unfortunately, 'playing' according to you may be perceived as a form of 'attack' to them.
* Dachshunds aren't known for their patience.
* Jack Russell Terriers are feisty creatures who require early training to prevent long-term biting and digging problems.
* Giant Schnauzers are very dominant. They often challenge adults, particularly strangers.
* Cocker Spaniels often suffer from a dangerous genetic disease known as "rage syndrome." This syndrome causes spontaneous violent action against not strangers, but actual family members. Many Spaniels have been put down because of this unwanted behavior. Check with the breeder to ensure your Spaniel is free from this dangerous dog disease.
* The Pekingese isn't all that tolerant of strangers.
* Miniature Pinschers usually have aggression issues because they've got this "big dog-little body" mind set going on.

Quote:
NO, thank YOU - for educating us. Even us with pits as pets. I have a pit MIX and she's the best dog I've ever had. I have had good dogs but man is she sweet. She ONLY looks mean but the times a bigger dog comes into the yard she tucks her tail between her legs and runs off yelping.

I keep telling her she's got stronger jaws and muscles than the other dog but she still cowers behind me.
roll.png

Must the be the MIX part, huh?
hmm.png

I joke, but I am glad she is NOT dog or human aggressive.
big_smile.png

They are such sweet and beautiful animals that unfortunately, have gotten a bad rap. All because we BRED them that way...:mad:

Most of those breeds you mentioned have a huge difference. Jaw strength and the way they fight (bite). It's people who defend Pits and refuse to recognize the great damage a pit can do is what scares me. I have no problem owning them, know your risks.

Quote:
Conversely...it's people that dismiss the pit bulls SWEET nature and cast them as dangerous pets to be put down--that SCARES me!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Know your risks. True scenario. Pit comes into yard, kills dog. this Pit had NEVER shown any tendancy for violence.

Now if this dog was a german shephard instead of pit, he beats up the dog but doesn't kill it. That's the difference.

Now you want to become scared, your 5 year old daughter is w/in 3 ft of fight.

True story. Again, I tell you KNOW YOUR LIABILITIES.

Like gmustangs said..it's the PIT BULL stories you hear about.

Sorry...I am not convinced. Nor am I trying to convince anyone...

Let's agree to disagree!

MHO: PIT BULLS are sweet...it's the OWNERS lack of responsibility that is in question.

RIGHT?

RIGHT!

Last edited:
Quote:
So you don't agree that Pits fight with a different attitude and strength (yes, I read your post about knowing their jaw strength, you know, so legally you are now criminally responsible for all damage)? You don't agree that Pits were bred to kill? Did you read the posts ahead of this from BREEDERS? Own them, no problem, but IF (don't read WHEN here) they go off, don't expect any sympathy from anyone.

Quote:
So you don't agree that Pits fight with a different attitude and strength (yes, I read your post about knowing their jaw strength, you know, so legally you are now criminally responsible for all damage)? You don't agree that Pits were bred to kill? Did you read the posts ahead of this from BREEDERS? Own them, no problem, but IF (don't read WHEN here) they go off, don't expect any sympathy from anyone.

Are you kidding? I HAVE read it all. I just think you are being biased and are trying to CONVINCE us all. You've made your point...we HEARD it.

All because someone posted a CUTE picture of their beloved pet on here.

Oh and...I am NOT asking for sympathy! I don't need it.

THANK YOU!

Peace-

Pedro

PS I am done with this post!

Last edited:
Just my two cents-My Dh and I have 4 Dobes who are absolutely wonderful with our family and friends. They are protective of our property and let us know when someone approaches the house. They have been great with the chickens and are very easily trained. Dobes were bred to be personal protection dogs and are very keyed in to their owners. I have been bitten by several dogs over the years, two mixed breeds and 2 dachounds. One of my chickens was attacked by a miniature doxie. I have known and worked with many pit bulls and love the breed. Not all dogs are good, genetics plays an important rule in a dog's personality. I know of Dobes who have turned on their owners - bad breeding and poor upbringing. I have handled pit bulls who have attacked people. If an aggressive dog is used for breeding then aggressive puppies will result. Some Pits have been bred poorly by people who want aggression. The same with Dobes and other protection type dogs. If you want a large, guard type breed, know your breeder, choose carefully and be knowledgable about raising a dog who will be dominant if not raised properly.

be knowledgable about raising a dog who will be dominant if not raised properly

thank you........altho I bet your definition is different on "raised properly" than the average owner. We use to raise bird dogs and all were trained & loved as house pets.

People should own whatever breed they want, just recognize risks.

Back
Top Bottom