Videos**Then and Now: Duckling almost two weeks into niacin deficiency treatment. Any changes?

Yes they need to be slowly introduced. I take mine out a lot when they are young and sit with them all and watch to make sure no one picks on the young ones.

I wonder if the bruising could be from an injury during shipping? Just so hard to know but try the wrapping and she how she does. Is she up and walking around since you wrapped?
Okay, that's good to know. I will have to figure out how to introduce them slowly during the winter. I am in northern Michigan so super cold and snowy for many more months.

I wondered that too, an injury from the shipping. She was always the smallest too. I did try wrapping and either I did it too tight or when she bent it it cut off circulation, but it was turning purple by the time I came back in a bit later. They got a nice swim in today! Hopefully that's helping. And per my other comment, hopefully the new house setup encourages walking????

If there isn't a slipped tendon I'm wondering if the issue now is that since ducklings grow so fast even with the deficiency being treated their legs grew malpositioned from initially not being able to walk. I agree with water therapy and splinting. If these were my ducks I would see about having splints made. I know you can get custom ones
on Etsy along with general sizes.

If there isn't a slipped tendon I'm wondering if the issue now is that since ducklings grow so fast even with the deficiency being treated their legs grew malpositioned from initially not being able to walk. I agree with water therapy and splinting. If these were my ducks I would see about having splints made. I know you can get custom ones
on Etsy along with general sizes.
Miss Lydia mentioned Etsy duck splints. I will get on there. I am just concerned about getting the right size. Maybe I need to get a few, especially as they grow so fast.

Back
Top Bottom