Violetsfeathers Flock

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Violetsfeathers, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Cluckcluck1215

Cluckcluck1215 Overrun With Chickens

Jan 21, 2016
    Cat Lover
    My Coop
    Oh no! I'm so sorry.what breed was she?

2. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Overrun With Chickens

Love your flock thread, Violet! [​IMG] I'm so very sorry about your sweet little chick.....[​IMG]

~Alex

3. Violetsfeathers

Violetsfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2015
    Minnesota
    Thanks guys [​IMG] She was a barred Cochin bantam. I have three others but they are all scared of me. Chickie would come up to my hand and follow it around.

4. Violetsfeathers

Feb 22, 2015
    Minnesota
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Some pics of Chickie before she died, she was smaller and didn't have as many feathers coming in. :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This is my favorite blue chick, he/she looks like Violet (my avatar pic) when she was little.

5. Alexandra33

Awwwww....so cute. [​IMG] I've got a Blue Ameraucana that I call Chickie, although her real name is Chickira (get it? [​IMG]).

~Alex

6. Violetsfeathers

Feb 22, 2015
    Minnesota
    Yah :p

7. NathanZee

NathanZee Chillin' With My Peeps

I wonder why she wasn't eating, are the rest of the chicks doing okay?

8. Alexandra33

Come to think of it, one of my Fayoumis went a couple weeks without growing because she wasn't eating properly. [​IMG] We had to mix up yogurt, feed, water, and Nutri-drench "soup" to feed to her via dropper just to keep her alive. She's the first chick we've ever had that went through that, and I have no idea what the source was.

~Alex

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  9. Violetsfeathers

Feb 22, 2015
    Minnesota
    Yes the rest of the chicks are fluffy balls of energy. Last year we had a chick that wasn't eating so we force fed her, eventually she learned how and is alive today.

1 person likes this.
  10. Violetsfeathers

Feb 22, 2015
    Minnesota
    Dot thinks she want to go broody again but I kicked her off the nest because she is inconsistent and I don't think she would be committed enough. And I think the chicks are old enough they would be afraid of her.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by