Viva Las Vegas!

so i have the bigger yard / run all ready for the chickens so now i can take there 6 foot run out and open the whole area its surround by over 6 foot wall on my side and the out side wall in alley and next door neibhors are over 7 feet high so no worried about dogs cat ext getting my birds. the only thing i have not finished and will be a few months is some kind of top. dotn want to get in trouble with the city of henderson so i want to put grape vine trellis up over the top but will be while before that happens my ? to all of you

OVER HEAD DANGERS = do we have any birds that will kill chickens in henderson I dont think so i really have not even seen a crow in quite some time. any one else let there chickens out with out a cover on top?

Henderson has hawks, that I know for sure.....and lots of pigeons.
Yes. We had a pair of hawks considering taking up residence in one of our palms one year. Pigeons will definitely kill chicks, not just hatched ones either. Perhaps you could get some bird netting to put over the top for the time being. It's fairly cheap and easy to work with although it catches on everything.

celebrate.gif
I hope everyone had a wonderful Labor Day!!!
celebrate.gif

I spent my long weekend with family in UT. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get over the mountain to see my chickens.
sad.png
Apparently I have another broody and a half. Fifi, my Salmon Faverolle (Peep_Show's New Years Day hatch) is sitting on eggs due on the 15th. Lizzie seems to be warming up for another round so I may have dad put some of Fifi's eggs under her...probably most of them actually since she is a proven good broody mama and Fifi is not. I will let Fifi keep a couple chicks to practice on.

In the meantime, I'm very busy trying to keep up with 24 3rd graders. Sheesh! Kids are exhausting! I have great respect for full time teachers. Starting school is not easy! I usually like to come in after they've been in for about 3 wks to a month because then they're all trained and my job is easier. I never realized how much goes into that training. Whew! I love the school I'm subbing at and already knew most of the students in my class from subbing previously. That makes it easier...but not by much.

Last edited:
quick question for everyone.
As luck would have it our only silkie egg that hatched is a roo hes old enough to crow now.

Would anyone like a silkie roo his name is Lucky and I would like him to go to a good home.

He is a bearded white silkie very pretty.

just let me know or txt me at 7028129481

quick question for everyone.
As luck would have it our only silkie egg that hatched is a roo hes old enough to crow now.

Would anyone like a silkie roo his name is Lucky and I would like him to go to a good home.

He is a bearded white silkie very pretty.

just let me know or txt me at 7028129481
If only they didn't crow....I'd be happy to let some roo's grow out. They are so pretty and most are very friendly too. But, nope, just can't have the crowing. Good luck. If I hear of anyone I'll let you know.

Having a bad experience with the neighbor's (illegal) rooster...the distance from his coop to my bed pillow is less than 18 feet as the crow flies....which is a darn sight shorter than the distance of their bedroom to him. Nope. Not interested in having a roo EVER!!!! (And I really LOVE chickens. I do!)

Having a bad experience with the neighbor's (illegal) rooster...the distance from his coop to my bed pillow is less than 18 feet as the crow flies....which is a darn sight shorter than the distance of their bedroom to him. Nope. Not interested in having a roo EVER!!!! (And I really LOVE chickens. I do!)
if you did not want to say somthing to them in person so there is no bad blood between ya I would write them a letter letting them know there rooster is not allowed in city limits and that they need to bring him inside there own home at night and not let him out till moring or else you will have no choice but file a complaint.

its people like that who cause probloms for chicken owners as people start to get ticked off and want to ban them all.

Back
Top Bottom