Do you walk or run!?

• Total voters
I started running on the treadmill a few years ago. I was able to run a mile with no breaks. But when I tried to run outside it was different, I was so sore afterwards, and lost all motivation. Turns out you use different muscles when on the treadmill vs real running. Wish I knew that before training... 😒

I also used to walk almost 2 miles daily with my dog. After she died I stopped walking and now walking really hurts my upper back. Anyone have ideas for me on how to get started again without hurting myself? I miss walking and hiking.

I started running on the treadmill a few years ago. I was able to run a mile with no breaks. But when I tried to run outside it was different, I was so sore afterwards, and lost all motivation. Turns out you use different muscles when on the treadmill vs real running. Wish I knew that before training... 😒

I also used to walk almost 2 miles daily with my dog. After she died I stopped walking and now walking really hurts my upper back. Anyone have ideas for me on how to get started again without hurting myself? I miss walking and hiking.
Start slow. Walk a block then come back. Dont walk fast paced.
Stretch before starting.
Until i injured my foot/ankle i never ever stretched now i always do. It helps my ankle from hurting.
After everything it took me months to be able to walk 2 miles again.

Awww I’m sorry

Stretch before starting.
Until i injured my foot/ankle i never ever stretched now i always do. It helps my ankle from hurting.
Thanks!!!

Stretch before starting.
Thanks! I'll try the stretching along with chin-ups and pull-ups which have helped tremendously and going to the chiropractor regularly. Looking forward to spring weather so I can work out with Dorie!!

Back
Top Bottom