Wall Mount feeders

ForFlocksSake

Songster
Jun 2, 2023
North Florida/Panhandle
I’m trying to figure out how I want to feed my pullets once we move then to their run. I want to maximize their space while also making sure the feeder keeps the rain out, so the wall Mount ones are intriguing me, this one in particular:
https://dineachook.com/dine-a-chook...yYrVNLj4-erumxamYphx6Z3ExavU2tAxoCQS4QAvD_BwE

However, the price tag isn’t justifiable to me. I know it looks simple enough to DIY but I am not really a DIY person without step by step instructions.

Anyone have advice? Anyone use something like this and have reasons to stay away from this particular style?

If you're handy, there are a number of easy to make ideas around. Espehere as mentioned.
You could also just make a large ply box with an steeply angled lid and mount the pvc fittings from Amazon into it and wall mount it.

Plywood chicken feeder on youtube results in a plethroa of ideas

Attachments

• images (60).jpeg
    images (60).jpeg
    29.1 KB · Views: 29
  • download (7).jpeg
    download (7).jpeg
    8.3 KB · Views: 29
Your right, the one you linked is crazy expensive. Since your not really a DIY person, something like this might work for you. They have different sizes available. You could put this up by your wall and make a simple lean to, to protect it from the weather or put something in the run to put this underneath. The feeder will need to go up on blocks, don't hang this style, so it is back height of the chickens. If you have mixed size chickens, I put something in front of one of the ports for them, so they can reach

https://www.amazon.com/RentACoop-Ch...pcontext&ref_=fplfs&psc=1&smid=A36STBE1TJHB9T

Your right, the one you linked is crazy expensive. Since your not really a DIY person, something like this might work for you. They have different sizes available. You could put this up by your wall and make a simple lean to, to protect it from the weather or put something in the run to put this underneath. The feeder will need to go up on blocks, don't hang this style, so it is back height of the chickens. If you have mixed size chickens, I put something in front of on
Funny, I have this one in my Amazon cart right now as my second choice!

I’m probably going to end up with this. I feel better paying this price over the other. Plus this style isn’t that much more expensive than buying the feeder pieces and adding them to a bucket myself. Worth paying a little more to not have that hassle. Thanks for the reply!

Funny, I have this one in my Amazon cart right now as my second choice!

I’m probably going to end up with this. I feel better paying this price over the other. Plus this style isn’t that much more expensive than buying the feeder pieces and adding them to a bucket myself. Worth paying a little more to not have that hassle. Thanks for the reply!
Your welcome! I made the DIY a few years back. Two with 3" ports and two with 2 inch ports for chicks to get used to in the brooder. I like this style feeder because it keeps them from billing any out and I've not had a rodent problem.

Attachments

• 20180729_161459.jpg
    20180729_161459.jpg
    887.1 KB · Views: 29

Back
Top Bottom