Wandering dog spray-painted 'Go Home'

Ha ha.. and here I thought I was creative with the paint ball gun. My main problem is un-neutered cats from my lovely neighbors (sarcastic).
Maybe it was hair-spray paint... you know, the halloween variety.. Now how could that be cruel? The dog got some extra attention from neighbor and owner and a clear message was sent to the owner... But if it was regular spray paint.. i guess it could do some minimal harm?

I like seeing everyones opinion! Fun fun!

homechick...I'm sure your lovely neighbors home smells wonderful (to a cat). My yard has been visited by un-neutered cats in the past, ugh. You have my sympathy.
Stephanie

One of my neighbors dog got spraypainted too! LOL! I think its a great way to get your point across. My neighbors dog figuired out how to open our fridge on the porch and has been eating our food out of it. We put a rat trap near it last night and just like clockwork heard a snap, YIKE! Hope the little buggar doesn't come back or it'll be wearing a mink trap hope next time!

I'm a retired dog trainer and one thing I know....."Dogs in their owners yards are PETS.....Dogs in someone else's yard is a PREDATOR". It's as simple as that. If you are going to own ANY animal....it is your duty to keep those animals on your property. When you don't.....you open yourself up to the animal being mistreated or killed at worst ....... and on the other hand.....someone stealing your pet because they think it's a cute dog!

Before I put up a 5 foot fence...I had everything(cows, deer, dogs, coyotes, wolves, etc. etc. ) going through my yard with the dogs, fox and coyotes killing a lot of my chickens.....now that I have a good STURDY fence......no more problems. I also put night guards up on my fence that light red eyes in the dark...if animal gets too close....they flash bright light in the area....then after that they emit a horrible screeching sound that will make the animal leave the area.....because it hurts their sensitive ears. With all of this I have maintained my safety of my chickens and my own dogs (which I have 9 because my husband and I do rescue work).

I know a lot of people say when they move to the country....I don't want a fence.....well, then don't own animals that can roam onto other people's property.

Just my 2 cents worth.

I love the message - but hate the use of spraypaint on a dog- why not get a few of those paintball pellets , cut them open and use that with a throw away paintbrush to write the message on the offending dog ?
Previous posters have already said that stuff tastes terrible but is not harmful. You'd know the owner would get the message but the dog would not be injured like it might be from licking paint from a spray can.. Even food coloring would get the message across safely.

Boy they sound like a bunch of sharpies
roll.png

It's not the dog's fault it was allowed to roam free....and a person (or persons) spray painted the dog.....they didn't just shoot and kill it, they spray painted it.....

Personally (even if the owner was at fault) I'd be interested in what type of redneck(s) spray paints a dog...you never know when the info on that report will come in handy down the road......

Ahh well.....back to what's now important...sippie cups and teaching yardwork today
Redneck? um, not sure where that assumption was taken from.

While using spray paint was a bit...much...it did it's purpose. It sent a message to the dog owner. I'd bet the person who did that knew this dog wasn't a 'stray' and had problems with it roaming before.

omg i love it gave me an idea he he he ......thats pretty darn funny
smile.png

wonder what the neighbors would do if i spray painted their pitt bull who ate my chickens? rofl if i get brave enough i may just do it roflmao thanks for sharing
I have to admit I was having the same thought. A rooster & 2 hens "disappeared" yesterday. I noticed a while after I had my neighbor's 2 pitt bull mixes who are constantly coming on my property. I've talked to the owner of the dogs. His response? "Just shoot them with a BB gun." Really, sir? How about you stop letting your pit bulls run wild & kill other people's pets?

I'm so annoyed, and I don't know what to do. I don't want to hurt any animal, but when someone else's pets are killing or tormenting mine? That's a problem for me...

An owner suggesting You shoot his dogs instead of him keeping them at home? That is kind of weird. Our dog was visiting a neighbor to play w/her dog-that was OK until our dog was trying to get into her dog's fenced in part & causing fence damage. We helped fix the fence & reinforced our fencing to keep her home. Yes, she was a rescue & knows many ways to get out. So, despite being way out in the country, she has to be kept in since she is so willful. Good relations w/our neighbors are important to us.

in most places, if your dog gets taken to the pound, you have to pay a fee. and i believe the more times it happens, the higher the fee.

i can see both sides of this argument. i have a puppy who isn't super well trained yet (we're working on her) and the other day she decided that instead of coming when called, she would run over to the neighbors yard. i followed the little **** and dragged her back to my house. i understand that occasionally a dog gets out, even from responsible owners. however, repeat offenders are a different issue. and in most states, if it is on someone else's property, it is defined as stray or feral and can be dealt with like any other nuisance animal. we had a cat that kept visiting our yard last year, and if it had ever gotten one of my hens i would have been setting (live) traps for it and sending it to the pound. the first few times. after that, if it kept coming back, i would have let my husband shoot it. animals need to be contained. and if it is on my property, i have ever right to deal with it. that is the way it is in most (if not all) states.

Yes paintballs taste horrible, but only to us, dogs, horses and squirrels seem to love them. They're probably not a healthy snack for anything but I know of a few critters around here that like to eat them. Hubby and his friends like to play paintball out here and our animals steal their paint or lick up the broke ones. Crayola markers are probably pretty safe...

Back
Top Bottom