Wandering dog spray-painted 'Go Home'

wow and oh, my!
we've been there, done that....communication breakdown/fail, tied stinking rotten chickens or rabbits to perp/dog(s). etc. wish i'd thought of paint
my sons paint guns are powerful and would hurt so i'm against using them unless..
would actually prefer to paint ball shoot owner.
hunting stores sell skunk scent, i'm thinking paint ball filled with skunk scent might get the point across to both the dogs and owners
i don't feel sorry for owners a true animal lover will make sure his pet is secured and safe,
all other owners of repeat offenders should not be allowed to have any animals

and i agree...i put up a big strong fence as much to keep people and unwanted animals out as to keep my precious little family members in.

I was thinking a target on one side and the words "next time" on the other would probably get the point across pretty quick.
But... I don't think I could follow through with that threat personally.

What do you think someone would think if their dog came home with a shaved tail and the top of it's head... Maybe a few other random chunks lol!

I wouldn't be proud of gut shotting any animal on purpose, that's sick... So is randomly chucking poison around the neighbourhood. Just saying, if you shoot it, kill it.

Well, since this took place in Idaho, where I live, I think I will add my 2 cents worth, just because. Here, we have the right to shoot a trespassing dog without any warning to the owner and without any previous offenses. The fact that the people took the time to paint the dog and send it back home would say to me that he was probably a repeat offender and they were giving the owner (in their own way) a chance to take care of their dog. Personally I would have already shot it before I would have made the effort to paint it but I am currently having this problem with the neighbors on either side of me. The one to the east has a big black dog and the one to the west has a Pyrenees and border collie. All three have been destroying property and harassing my pigs. They have all been shot with the BB gun on several occasions. Doesn't faze them. Moved up to the sharp tipped pellets in the pellet gun. Now that has gotten their attention, but the first time they are actually IN the pen with my chickens, pigs, my dog, or go after my 2 year old daughter it will be their last time doing anything. Now, as far as fencing goes, let me explain how my property is set up. We have 8 1/2 acres. The house sits right smack dab in the middle. The field around the house is fenced on the perimeter. The chicken's coop and run is located IN our back yard. So is the dog's kennel. We are currently in the process of fencing in the back yard and plan on running hot wire on the outside perimeter. The pig pen is up against the side of a big box van trailer and fenced in. Everything is probably on an acre and a half right in the middle of our property. My neighbors can sit out on their porch and watch their dogs at my house. I strongly agree with fencing to keep your own critters in but more so to keep everyone else's critters out. But if I have to shoot someone else's at-large-dog I am not going to lose any sleep over it. If my dog ran loose and he got shot, yeah it sucks, but they were within their rights.

Quote:
I had a puppy that was fenced get out and the County Marshall called and said that the neighbor threatened to shoot it the next time it came over to his place and that he was entitled to kill it. I told the Marshall that it should also apply to his goats when they came on my propertyand ate my fruit trees again. He said that it did. I asked him to please inform the neighbor that if he wants to make the rules I can play the game. I have had no more problems with the neighbor.

Back
Top Bottom