1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Want to buy Sebastopol goslings or hatching eggs.

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ruth, Jan 26, 2009.

1. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    I would love to have some Sebastopol's but don't know where to start in trying to obtain some. I want to start with hatching eggs or babies and raise them myself.

Can anyone offer suggestions as to where to buy and any other helpful advice?

Thanks

2. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Check with Pips&Peeps, she offers eggs when she has them [​IMG]

3. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    Thanks Sara, I'll do that. I was sure someone on BYC sold them.

4. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Peachick may also have adult birds or chicks for sale and will have eggs from peafowl and Geese in the spring [​IMG]

5. cottagegarden

cottagegarden Eggistentialist

Oct 2, 2008
    SE PA
    Cottage Rose could help you out, too. Her website takes your breath away.
    Peachick set up a Sebbie forum http://www.sebastopols.freeforums.org/
    on
    it so you could start networking with folks now. Ruth-you have all the cool birds!!

6. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    I'll have to take a look at CottageRose's website. I found some threads before posting and did find the forum but I found where CottageRose said she wasn't selling eggs or goslings and would be keeping all goslings for awhile and that was dated December. Maybe I read it wrong. I'll go look at the website since I didn't see that, just postings on various threads.

I am trying to add heritage breeds to our little farm as well as the unsual and pretty just for variety. Some day I plan to open the farm for little tours for kids or as a place for the kids from the local orphanage or boys home to be able to come and see animals living naturally on a farm. We still have a lot of work to do.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by