[Wanted] Feathers

HomesteaderWife

Crowing
Apr 24, 2015
Alabama
Thanks for all the replies folks! I guess I should definitely mention that more so than anything, I use alot of tail/wing feathers as they seem to withstand a bit more. I'll message a few folks, thank you!

Loopeend

Songster
Jun 12, 2018
The Netherlands
I want feathers and have much to give away. Not so special ones; but somehow ended upon a page how to prepare feathers.

But it was in Dutch :'( But written by an U.S. Indian American living here.

Apperently in many counries there a rules to ship them; but before shipping many things to keep them longer (how to wash them, comb them, putting something on them for preserving, including a new layer of wax).

I'm so sorry I can't share that page due to it being in a different language. Maybe someone can find one in English. But for any feather-lovers or people wanting to sell/give-away feathers; if you wash and preserve them in a way ; they can last REALLY long. They right way of preserverving them has a cool side-effect that they can not spread any diceases (and across borders it is a must!).. but having a cool dream-catcher that can last 200+ years :love

svh

Chirping
Dec 24, 2019
Mid Missouri
Be careful of what feathers you have, as many are federally protected, and cannot be possessed ! Some can only be possessed for fly tying. Some can be had, but not sold.

Please research your states regulations.

Here's an overview of feathers legal in the U.S.

Top Bottom