Warning about light bulbs

Just can't resist creating an argument can you? The bulbs in the article were not infrared. So? My point was even GE infrared bulbs suck too. I prefer infrared, so I know. In other words,"Don't buy GE, Sylvania, or other cheap, mass produced Chinese bulbs". At least I won't. Your repeating of "adequate ventilation" doesn't dismiss the fact that the teflon bulbs emit a toxic gas.

I don't reckon what kind of bulbs but if the USDA requires the PFTE on all bulbs that could become an issue.

As for the ventilation issue, not many of us have barns and we brood in the house. My first couple of times were in my office which is quite closed up. THEREFORE, the information was for those to whom it applies. Not a blanket issue.

If the shoe fits as they say then okay, if not don't worry about it.

DON'T, get into the ventilation issue because I'm too old and too tired and another topic for another day.

Thank you,

Rancher

Quote: There are no "requirements" for using them with live animals.
The requirement is for the "food industry" to prevent broken glass from ending up in processed foods

Quote: You're confusing posting information with "arguing".

I'm simply tryng to stick to just the facts, rather than opinions, based on a few news reports over a period of several years

You're confusing posting information with "arguing".

I'm simply tryng to stick to just the facts, rather than opinions, based on a few news reports over a period of several years

Like I said in the previous post, "adequate ventilation" isn't the solution to, nor does it dismiss the fact that the teflon bulbs mentioned in the article emit a toxic gas. That's a fact, not an opinion. Deal with it.

Well I had typed a whole page of why I posted this thread. Apparently it didn't go through.

Bear you have completely missed my point but as far as I can remember what I typed.

I meant it for us Back yard chickeners. It is a FACT that someone lost chicks due to Teflon on light bulbs. Whether through ignorance or not it's to late for them. My motive was just to inform members of the danger. Now please if you know everything and it doesn't apply to you then let it go will you?

It is a FACT that not everyone on the forum has adequate ventilation for Teflon coated bulbs. We are aware that you know everything to know about Teflon, but that is YOU not everyone else.

Some of us here have learned the hard way. Perhaps you should start your own blog and then folks can seek you out for answers. Of course you could write a book too, or write for a magazine. Just don't expect to completely educate folks to the point of knowing so much they don't suffer losses due to some unforeseen problem.

IMO that is why BYC is here.

Quote: I haven't missed any point.
I simply ADDED another point, and posted data to verify what I said.

Quote: Mine is to offer a possible solution
I didn't dispute anything you said.
I merely did some research and posted what I found.

Is my data incorrect?

Back
Top Bottom