WARNING Autopsy photos/ sick chickens

If you have seen dry fowl pox lesions on the combs or wattles, then it most likely is wet fowl pox. Coryza is pretty common in your part of the world, but ILT and Mycoplasma are as well. All of those are contagious to chickens for life, except for fowl pox which usually lasts for several weeks, then may be contagious from fallen scabs or in wtare/ feeders.

There are several other BYC members from Pakistan.
The strange thing is I have a hen who was around these sick chickens and she isn' showing any signs of being sick. These two who died were bought from a market and the hen who is fine was bought from a farm. I am thinking either what they have was not contagious and basically due to environmental conditions like aspergillosis....or if it is viral she may have had a vaccination which is highly unlikely. But I could be wrong.
Note: neither chicken had any lesions on their combs or anywhere except their throat.

Aspergillosis could be a cause. It may be found in deposits anywhere in the body, since it spreads to organs via the air sacs from what I have read.

Canker perhaps? My hen had one sore, but I caught it in plenty of time. It took about two weeks to get rid of it, but no more have appeared since then. It is typically carried by wild pigeons, landing in your chicken yard.
I’m really sorry for you loss :hugs

Back
Top Bottom