Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    Oh forgot to add depending how far in that the eggs quit I give them to my dogs. When i candle on day 10 if there are empty eggs i throw them in the back yard and let the dogs go after them. My dogs love the eggs and at day 10 they don't smell yet. My dogs have never got sick but they are use to raw egg.

2. Farmin Momma

Farmin Momma Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2012
    Mill Creek, Wa
    Thank you everyone for the great information! [​IMG]
    We already know that all the electrical has been replaced, Because when I say this place needs a lot of work one of the many things is that there are wholes around the house in many places exposing the new wiring and plumbing. One thing we are worried about is that when the additions were done to the house it was not done in the best way. There was not a foundation poured for the add on, just a slab.[​IMG]
    I do have many inspectors around me. My grandfather is one of them and has been doing it for many years. We will also be applying for a rehab loan on this place, if we don't get it for some reason, it will be a no go on the house. There is just to much to do and no way we could afford to have it done with out the rehab loan.
    Now, I love this house and want it very badly, but I do have another to go and look at.

3. hallerlake

hallerlake Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2010
    Seattle

4. Hinotori

Hinotori Silver Feathers Premium Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Graham, WA

5. refamat

refamat Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2012
    Blaine, WA
    I need to point out that the term paleo is wrong when connected to diets...it's a fad name used by someone who is really vegan, not that I look down on vegans, I don't, I do however, need to point out that paleo diets included ANY kind of meat that was found, "grass" grains (from which corn, wheat, rice come from), nuts, berries, and mixtures of fat and berries for travel foods, fermenting fruits, fungus, insects etc. Who ever started this "paleo" diet stuff is a fraud and those who believe it have never studied archaeology. People, fad diets are just that, if you have to eat because of a medical condition, do take care who you believe. If you do so because of personal beliefs, you already understand what is needed to supply your needs. Paleo deits are a joke. What is, however, missing in true paleo diets is additives and food colorings. And if you check, you might find all the food allergies seem to appear with fast foods and twinkies

6. Slinglings

Slinglings Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2012
    Seattle 98125

7. Farmin Momma

Farmin Momma Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2012
    Mill Creek, Wa

8. Slinglings

Slinglings Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2012
    Seattle 98125
    Quote: I love that too--Buffy does this--she gets this crazed look on her face like "what the hell am I doing???!"

9. robj

robj Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2012
    Olympia Wa.
    That's funny they're good friends of ours and neighbors. How does your daughter know Maddie and Emmy?

10. RainMom

RainMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2013
    Hobart, WA
    very unique retro kitchen- looks 1050's-ish. The peek-thru window looks like where you order food.

Is that woven cedar strips on the ceiling? Whatever it is, it's probably there to cover cracked/lumpy lathe and plaster.
    I had a 1929 cape cod style farm house until 2007. It cost me a fortune replacing the cracked/trashed lathe and plaster. Anywhere there's paneling or cedar covering it, expect a mess:)

I actually really loved this one house I helped rehab back when I was working with the city on a block grant fund. The old timer that lived there was an inventer, and had a lot of interesting things in his house and shop. He was like a nutty professor. In one room, he had woven cedar bender board into a basketweave pattern and put it on a wall. I thought that looked awesome.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by