Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Oct 19, 2012.

1. beausonge

beausonge Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2011
    Kelso, WA

I was a nurse's aide and then a nurse. The best thing I have found to get rid of bad smells is minty mouthwash. It helps to flick some of the mouthwash on nearby fabrics - curtains, bedspreads, pillows, etc. That helps to eliminate the odor at a higher level in the environment. Red is a really hard color to get out of anything. I would look for a carpet stain remover. A lot of them work. Good luck!

2. cieraphoto

cieraphoto Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2013
    Puyallup, WA
    Right now I have about 30 Black Sumatra Bantam chicks that range from 1-2 weeks old. Right now I'm not sure how many I am going to keep, but I know it won't be all 30. Would anyone be interested in purchasing some of these in the near future? If you're interested, please PM me!

3. Chicken Rustler

Chicken Rustler Grabs em n runs

So Just WHAT do you look at on yer phone ??? [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. hallerlake

hallerlake Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2010
    Seattle

5. ChristineR

ChristineR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    WA state

I've had the best luck getting organic smells out with Kids N Pets. Probably any enzymatic cleaner would work well though. I've also heard, but never tried it, that if you dissolve a bunch of baking soda in water, soak the stain with the solution and let it dry, then vacuum it up, that will help, too.

6. ChristineR

Jun 15, 2011
    WA state

I've had the best luck getting organic smells out with Kids N Pets. Probably any enzymatic cleaner would work well though. I've also heard, but never tried it, that if you dissolve a bunch of baking soda in water, soak the stain with the solution and let it dry, then vacuum it up, that will help, too.

7. ChristineR

Jun 15, 2011
    WA state
    And that naked pic thing is funny and weird. You should take a screen shot of your phone and post it (with certain parts covered, of course!).

I'm on my iPhone an I just see chickens.

8. TurtlePowerTrav

TurtlePowerTrav T.K.'s Farm

Jul 29, 2012
    Oregon City, OR
    My Coop
    After I let my broody out of the tractor to range with everyone else, at night she chose to take the chicks to the tractor. Lucy will take them in eventually, when she feels they will be safe enough to be in tight, close proximity of the other birds.

And I saw no neked woman in your pics.

9. KMHunter

KMHunter [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Cr

Jun 12, 2009
    Woodinville,WA
    My Coop
    I don't have as much experience with roosters as some. But my boys were introduced gradually since they were about 4 months old and once the hormomones kick in it's kind of up to his temperment and how hard the girls fight him. And how smooth his moves are. [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Chicken Rustler

Chicken Rustler Grabs em n runs

I don't know if there really is a good (helpful) answer to this. I can tell you that I have never worried about it. I have put young roosters in with established flocks and I have put older roosters in with established flock. I really have not noticed any issues. You are right a lot depends on the roo AND on the lead hen.
    Another thing I do is all additions to any of my flocks are done at night. One because then they all wake in the morning and the new birds aren't noticed as much and 2 because I don't shop for birds during the day light ! ! ! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by