Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    I'll bleach the carpet it's white LOL.
    Demon is 7 years old Greater swiss mountain dog/lab I got him as a puppy and had a "trainer" help me. But I cannot find that dog trainer anymore and can't find her name anywhere. I'm guessing she was just someone making extra money training dogs but she was really good at it. Demon is on prey model raw diet, plus fish oil. His meat he's been on has been organic.
    He's the biggest reason i got muscovy ducks. They are a large meat bird and hatch out like 20 ducklings at one time.

2. hallerlake

hallerlake Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2010
    Seattle

3. Hinotori

Hinotori Silver Feathers Premium Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Graham, WA
    Thanks a bunch. Those bell hangers are super sturdy. I've been having an issue with cats climbing up the post and getting in the hanging plants.

4. Hinotori

Apr 27, 2011
    Graham, WA
    Virus? I run AVG on my phone. Mobile virus are rare, but they are out there.

5. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    I actually gave him an aspirin when he was panting and cooling him off didn't stop the panting. I thought maybe he was in pain and the aspirin would help it. The vet said I probably saved his life by giving him the aspirin.
    Demon is in perfect physical condition aside from having a heart attack. The vet told me that looking at him it's most likely just his age. Why can't large dogs have a longer life span?
    Demon is already on the best diet a dog could have. It's just sort of wait and see with him. I'm hoping that it's a long time before that happens again. I hope he lives for several more years. My husband is on vacation and I sort of wonder if stress can bring on a heart attack in dogs. I know my husband being gone for a week has stressed the dogs. Dogs always think when you leave you're never coming back, well My husband left and didn't come back. I wish I could get them to understand he'll be home tomorrow.

6. FirewifeJess

FirewifeJess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2012
    Gallifrey
    I was gonna say it seems like a virus too. Bummer.

I'm on my way with the kids to visit Rainmom at her home. Can't wait! We're gonna go to the Grange in Issaquah to check out the shop too. Neither of us has ever been there.

If anyone wants to plan ahead, I will be getting rid of my EE Martha (who lays a light blue/green egg) soon, if anyone is interested. She's hawk colored with a gray beard, very calm. $25

I also plan to keep only a few of my babies. In 2-3 months after they feather in and I can see who I want to keep, I'll be selling off (most likely):
    1 EE
    1-2 Barred Rocks
    1 Speckled Sussex

If anyone wants to tentatively claim any of them, let me know. They should all be laying by early summer.

7. Hinotori

Apr 27, 2011
    Graham, WA
    So I'll be going to Monroe even though I may have to go alone. DH may or may not have to work that weekend, but he's going to try and get it off.

My girls have been laying pretty good finally. Up to an average of 13 eggs a day from the large girls. Not very good from 29 girls in there, but there are still 5 young ones that aren't laying and 2 molting. I'm giving a bit more to figure out which ones aren't laying. The EE girls have passed 2 years old now and have gone through 3 molts.

My ameraucana rooster has been doing his best to try and mate a different girl each time. From what I've seen when I cook eggs or give the dogs some, he's been doing a good job. I really need to get him some help.

So my wannabe broody went all flaky on me and got off the nest after two days. I hadn't given her the eggs I wanted hatched. I have my bluest EE eggs and the wheaten and blue wheaten eggs waiting for one of the silly things to sit. Even the silkies are thumbing their beaks at me.

8. walady944

walady944 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2012
    Federal Way, WA
    Just received my first baby chicks from hatchery; they all look pretty good except for one that was at the bottom of the heap and has a gimpy leg - think I have read to somehow use a bandaid and wrap it or something? Anyone have any advice for this baby? She does not want to eat or drink and continues to go off in corner by herself. Worried she will not make it if I cannot fix the foot.
    thanks,
    Lynn

9. Chicken Rustler

Chicken Rustler Grabs em n runs

10. ChickAudie

ChickAudie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2012
    Hey Sweetlilbaby, I see that nobody mentioned the "Holy Cleaning Trinity". I have a huge household and what I use for stains and cleaning (everything) is a combination of baking soda, (down first) then heated white vinegar, and most importantly, hydrogen peroxide. I let this fizzle out then bot it up with a white towel. Works better than bleach in the laundry too, it's better than oxyclean and Spray n' Wash. IMO. We have a glass top stove, and it gets the burnt on crud off like magic!

Glad to hear it! I will be praying that you get to love on him a while longer [​IMG]

Oh, that is such sad news, poor Demon [​IMG] I do hope that you can find another service dog, he sounds very special. I have family that raises golden retrievers as service dogs, but it doesn't sound like they are big enough. I know my DH wants to get a Tibetan Mastiff ([​IMG]) but I love big dogs too, so he doesn't have much of a fight with me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by