Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Hinotori

Hinotori Silver Feathers Premium Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Graham, WA
    [​IMG]

2. FirewifeJess

FirewifeJess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2012
    Gallifrey
    Just got back a little while ago from Rainmom's house. It was a great visit (although the kids weren't listening very well) and we got to sample some of her amazing vegan no bake cheesecake. Um...I'VE DIED AND GONE TO HEAVEN!!! We all ate every last bite and before John started licking his plate I took it away [​IMG] She has some very great pens set up for the chickens and all her birds are so cute! The kids jumped on the trampoline and LOVED her dog (except William, who finally offered one "I'm not afraid anymore" pat to his back before we left). The Grange was pretty neat too, and they're all set up for their chick shipment on Thursday.

My kids are playing outside in the sunshine now, the chickens are out messing up the yard and I don't even care because I got 7 eggs today, for the first time in over a month! Hooray!! Now I need to figure out dinner and get the house cleaned up; thinking about making myself an iced latte too.....[​IMG]

3. FirewifeJess

FirewifeJess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2012
    Gallifrey
    Oh and did I mention I'm spoiled rotten and get to go to Renee's house tomorrow? I love all my BYC friends.

4. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Russ

5. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    My husband will be home really late tonight. So for dinner i tossed a pork roast in the crock pot with potatoes, celery, onions and carrots :) It's going to be yummy and i can leave it cooking all night on low. When he comes in if he's hungry he can eat.
    i got it at safeway, Their pork loin is on sale. I got one for only $20 and will make 7 dinners from it. I cut the middle of it up into pork chops, and each end is a small pork roast.

Loin chops are way better then bone in pork chops. So much more you can do with it. I am trying to stock up on foods that are basically low carb. I can have meat, and most veggies. I'm not supposed to eat starchy foods of any kind (potatoes, corn...) I added one large potato to the crock pot. I'm pretty sure it will be fine to have it in moderation.

Oh and cleaning out my refrigerator the chickens are loving it. My celery went limp, found a lemon, I don't remember ever buying a lemon. Bag of salad i bought yesterday is already getting slimy.
    And I realized when i got home i forgot to get milk. *sigh* I guess tomorrow i'll have to go get my husband milk. I even went into the milk section and got me some Dark chocolate almond milk. I wish I could get my husband to switch to soy, and almond milk so we could drink the same milk.

6. robj

robj Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2012
    Olympia Wa.
    AHH I got all teary as you went on with your story I feel so bad for your loss. Give it time the right dog will find its way home. We went through the the same sort of thing with Harley our Golden and Gryffin's twin by the way. We found or right dog Tucker he's awesome not Harley but awesome in a Tucker sort of way. Hang in there

7. SadieSue

SadieSue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2010
    Tacoma, WA
    Awesome! I'm glad you're taking advantage of the Amazon deal. That is going to be one FUN show! I'll be watching from the control booth every night calling the show cues, but I'll try to find you either at intermission or right after the show to say hello.

I will be posting the date and times for Reservoir Dogs soon so that if a group of BYCer's want to meet and carpool together we can make plans in advance. HoneySuckleHills and I even talked about a Sunday matinee so we could meet up for dinner in Olympia somewhere afterwards. [​IMG]

And thank you - I know that Gryffin's passing was not news to a lot of friends on Facebook, but I was in kind of a funk for a couple of weeks and it did prevent me from participating much on BYC. Each day gets a little better though - DH and I are lwaiting for a reputable Golden Retriever breeder referral here in the PNW from a friend of mine who raises and shows Goldens in Ohio. Once our future puppy is established in the household we will be adding an adult rescue to the household. All dog/puppy plans are on hold until May when my theater schedule clears up somewhat though so I can concentrate on training a new four legged family member.

8. mikeyb

mikeyb Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2010
    Rochester, Wa
    A very handsom doggy. I am so sorry for your loss. He will remain in that special place in your hearts.

9. SadieSue

SadieSue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2010
    Tacoma, WA
    Actually, here is the work in progress poster for Reservoir Dogs with correct dates and times. Notice that the schedule is broken into "Men" and "Women" since there are two different casts. My image is third from the top in blue, but I won't be on the final poster since there are so many "dogs" in the crew we can't fit everyone on the poster.

[​IMG]

10. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Awesome! I'm glad you're taking advantage of the Amazon deal. That is going to be one FUN show! I'll be watching from the control booth every night calling the show cues, but I'll try to find you either at intermission or right after the show to say hello.

I will be posting the date and times for Reservoir Dogs soon so that if a group of BYCer's want to meet and carpool together we can make plans in advance. HoneySuckleHills and I even talked about a Sunday matinee so we could meet up for dinner in Olympia somewhere afterwards. [​IMG]

And thank you - I know that Gryffin's passing was not news to a lot of friends on Facebook, but I was in kind of a funk for a couple of weeks and it did prevent me from participating much on BYC. Each day gets a little better though - DH and I are lwaiting for a reputable Golden Retriever breeder referral here in the PNW from a friend of mine who raises and shows Goldens in Ohio. Once our future puppy is established in the household we will be adding an adult rescue to the household. All dog/puppy plans are on hold until May when my theater schedule clears up somewhat though so I can concentrate on training a new four legged family member.

My next door neighbor and her family are involved somehow in GR rescue. There have been many living next door. Right now only 1, well and 2 golden labs, and a border collie??

Russ

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by