Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Oct 19, 2012.

1. RainMom

RainMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2013
    Hobart, WA
    at our other house, we used standard 6 ft cedar or fir (?) fence boards, (the 6" wide ones) which are about 1/2" thin, and some of the beds bowed slightly, so we then used wood and rebar pieces and put ample stakes in the ground to stop the boards from bowing outwards. We made the raised beds either 2 or 3 boards high. (the ones pictured here are 2 boards high. The bed in the back is strawberries, with a recycled screen panel over it- to keep the birds from eating all our berries! The width is 3 feet- because that was 1/2 a fence board and anything over 4 foot wide you have a hard time reaching across (especially if you are vertically challenged, like I am). It takes 6 boards to make one of the short beds- so about $12 plus stakes and wood to nail corners to.

[​IMG]

2. SadieSue

SadieSue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2010
    Tacoma, WA
    I'd love to go but I have rehearsal in Olympia tonight.

3. TurtlePowerTrav

TurtlePowerTrav T.K.'s Farm

Jul 29, 2012
    Oregon City, OR
    My Coop
    MMMMM, making Mexican Lasagna for dinner

4. SadieSue

SadieSue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2010
    Tacoma, WA

5. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    what a great idea. I bet i could build this and fill it with chicken poop and compost then plant my garden in it. My soil doesn't seem to be very fertile so the chickens are helping same with the ducks. The duck water will be liquid fertilizer.

6. Zgoatlady

Zgoatlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2009
    Enumclaw, WA
    My Coop
    Oh I forgot about it lol sorry, I might let me think ( ok I know its a hard thing for me to do my kids ask me if I hurt) Its at 6 right I think I will go. I will have a black coat on have brown purse and dark blond hair.. Oh Im not thin [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  7. RainMom

RainMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2013
    Hobart, WA
    me: brown shirt, long blonde/brown hair, brown calf-high suede/fur boots, reading glasses on face or permanently affixed to head. Not skinny either.

I Will be with a super handsome guy :)

8. RonB

RonB Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2009
    Woodinville
    Yep [​IMG]

9. RonB

RonB Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2009
    Woodinville
    Yep, that's the idea [​IMG] I used 2x6's but I dug down in side the box about 6". when I grew my cucumbers, I grew them up 2x4 inch welded wire. saved lots of space

10. walady944

walady944 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2012
    Federal Way, WA
    I am hoping to find just one or two cream legbars - hopefully chicks. Anyone out there have a local source?
    thanks,

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by