Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Oct 19, 2012.

1. TurtlePowerTrav

TurtlePowerTrav T.K.'s Farm

Jul 29, 2012
    Oregon City, OR
    My Coop

2. Farmin Momma

Farmin Momma Songster

Feb 18, 2012
    Mill Creek, Wa
    Wow compared to all of you, we are doing the most damage to the environment lol [​IMG]. I burn all cardboard and paper products, do not recycle. I pick my laundry soap based on smell, what is safe for our washing machine and that does not make anyone react. We build race cars that guzzle gas and pump a lot of fumes into the air. Never have I ever used cloth diapers on any of our kids and if I am able to have another I would not use them still (not saying they are bad, I just would not want to spend any down time I had on washing poo off of cloth, when I can just toss it. More power to ya'll). There is probably more that we do, but this is just what is coming to my head right now.

3. Farmin Momma

Farmin Momma Songster

Feb 18, 2012
    Mill Creek, Wa

4. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Songster

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    there are places you can get cloth diapers from and you just bag up the dirty diapers leave them on your porch and they come replace them with clean ones. You actually don't have to do any washing.

5. TurtlePowerTrav

Jul 29, 2012
    Oregon City, OR
    My Coop
    That is what we did

6. Sudsy Chick

Sudsy Chick Songster

Apr 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Three d'Uccles chicks!

Frodo is so happy, she has all three under her and every time I go to check on her she fluffs up to twice her size. So cute!!!

Sorry for the terrible picture, I took them out of the box quickly to take their photo then took them outside to Frodo. I didn't realize the blue was scratching her rear when i took the photo [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Rainwolf

Rainwolf De La Menagerie

Aug 4, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    My Coop

Depending on location.... look for a glass company or a pipes company near you. they have to ship/transport them in large crates which can be used for beds. biggest issue is the size of these crates........ from 10' long to 25' long. you can break them down and use the materials but I'd just use them as is if I could transport them. You can even just make pallet framed beds, then you can plant in the inside and the outside of the pallets.

if you want short beds cut the pallets in half long wise and build away!

8. Farmin Momma

Farmin Momma Songster

Feb 18, 2012
    Mill Creek, Wa

9. TurtlePowerTrav

Jul 29, 2012
    Oregon City, OR
    My Coop
    Yay

10. Farmin Momma

Farmin Momma Songster

Feb 18, 2012
    Mill Creek, Wa
    Very cute from what I can see. Glad you got your girls some chicks to make that momma happy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by