Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    okay small lesson learned just a minute ago. Blood rings in eggs are not all created equal. I opened an egg because it had a blood ring. well it also had a embryo in it that looked to be the right size and everything. Not so sure it was dead before i opened the egg. Oops. It's from the dozen eggs my mom gave me a week ago.

2. Zgoatlady

Zgoatlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2009
    Enumclaw, WA
    My Coop

I am so sorry that this is going on, how long have they had her back? Sure seems like you have some kind of right if you had her for so long.

3. Sweetlilbaby

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    There were no papers and nothing filed in court so i had no rights. I checked into it. It's my word against theirs about who had her during that time. They took her back when she was 7, she'll be 10 this june.

4. ChristineR

ChristineR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    WA state
    If anyone wants facts about ADD, I would suggest they go to the National Resource Center on AD/HD, which is funded by the CDC.

http://www.help4adhd.org/index.cfm?varLang=en

edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2013
  5. hallerlake

hallerlake Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2010
    Seattle

6. TurtlePowerTrav

TurtlePowerTrav T.K.'s Farm

Jul 29, 2012
    Oregon City, OR
    My Coop
    Oh what to bring, what to bring. I think I will bring the Almond Butter cookies, both the GF and the non-GF ones. Since I have the longest drive(I think) that would be best.

7. TurtlePowerTrav

TurtlePowerTrav T.K.'s Farm

Jul 29, 2012
    Oregon City, OR
    My Coop
    I am not taking sides on the ADD/ADHD debate. This is an account of my son's story.

He was diagnosed with ADD at 15(which is late). The Dr offered to put him on meds, but we were against it. He suggested giving him a cup of coffee every morning. We got the iced coffee mixes and tried those. His focus improved off the charts. Started to do better with grades. Between the caffine and his running he is doing great. My wife also has adult ADD and she does not medicate for it. She just goes a million miles a minute and changes mental gears without using the "clutch". Squirrels are quite common in our household(not the fury kind).

For some, yes meds are the only way. For others there are alternatives. Finding out what works best for your situation is what is key.

8. RainMom

RainMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2013
    Hobart, WA
    Hey there fellow peeps,

Someone suggested I post my "need" online. I've got a shed I need to get moved tomorrow . It's 8 foot wide, so it's not going to fit on many trailers because most are 7 1/2 foot wide.

I can rent a bigger truck and a trailer, but I'd rather pay a person than a corporation. We've got a plan, we just don't have the equiptment.

Does anyone have a low trailer that an 8 foot shed could fit on, and do they want to help out? I'd make it worth your while, I am sure

I gotta move the shed tomorrow.

If so, PM me!

9. lovinchickypoos

lovinchickypoos Chillin' With My Peeps

GRRRR!!! Had several quotes marked and lost them. Read thru 20pgs so I don't remember everything that was marked.
    I do remember I wanted to give condolences to those who've had to let go of their pets. SadieSue, I think it was you who wrote that lovely post about your dear Golden. That made me cry and brings back memories of 2 wonderful dogs we let go 5 and 6 yrs ago. Their paw prints are tattooed on me now! As a former vet assistant, I went thru many euthanasias with clients and, being very empathetic, I felt their pain also. There always was some comfort in feeling the suffering of the pets disappear, though. Can't remember who's kitty is having major kidney failure but my thoughts are with you!!! [​IMG]It seems kidney issues are the cause of many a cat's demise. This seems to trace back to diet. They are true carnivores and I wish I could afford to feed mine better.

I NEED HELP! As in MENTAL help!! Lately, I've been obsessed with researching other species of farm animals. Goats are still definately on the list, but now ducks and geese are being planned for!!! It would be ideal if I could figure out how to make them all mesh and work together so that their existance here will improve our land and help us to be more sufficient rather than a financial and physical burden. Research, research, research!!!!! Geese were one animal my hubby really doesn't want and I was skeptical about....until I read more about them. It sounds like they are quite economical and not usually as aggressive as their reputation suggests!

Man, I cannot stop trembling right now!!![​IMG] It must be the second cup of coffee and all of the important and controversial subject matter you guys are bringing up!!! That combined with the excitement of possibly getting more baby animals this spring!!!! This brain is just racing right now and I apologize for the all the rambling!!!! [​IMG] Ugh. Wish I had friends I could talk to about this stuff.

10. Sweetlilbaby

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    What breeds of ducks are you looking into? Because I hope to hatch out muscovy ducklings this year. Hoping to anyway wont be til summer most likely though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by