Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    i'm going on my 4th 16 oz cup of coffee. Wish I had some energy. This weather is killing me. I need some sun to give me energy. I'm 28 but i have some joint pain issues and this weather (humid) causes so much pain.

2. LaughingFeather

LaughingFeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2012
    Kitsap, Washington
    If the animal has so many issues already..... My advice is let it stay there. Find a rescue organization there. You don't need that kind of stress in your life. I took my mother's cat who had these issues and I can not tell you how much damage that cat did to our lives. It never did get along with the other cats (6) that I had. She was not a joy to own. I felt I HAD to take her because she was my mother's cat. Don't do it. Let your guilt go. You are not responsible for your mothers dog.

3. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    Oh I know what i'm getting into. I have rehabilitated 2 dogs in the past with these same issues. Currently own one that is scared of strangers thanks to a guy at the dog park that grabbed and started punching him.
    I know i'm not responsible. But my husband i think feels guilty or feels bad for the dog. I'm going to keep trying to get his uncle to take the dog. If they don't I may be able to at least rehab it to make it easier for someone to handle.
    Also noticed today that Oscar needs a playmate. Demon after his heart attack has NO interest in play. Oscar is cattle dog mix. I know right now if i want a dog my husband would ONLY let me get Buddy (his moms dog).
    Dogs tend to be easier then cats to bring out of their issues. Also how did you own multiple cats? cats are more solitary aren't they?

4. ChristineR

ChristineR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    WA state
    I love my Sebastopol geese! I had to talk hubby into them, because he thought all geese were mean and loud. They are neither. Just a real pleasure to have around.

edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2013
  5. LaughingFeather

LaughingFeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2012
    Kitsap, Washington
    I used to raise Rottweilers and we had a feral cat in the neighborhood that kept having kittens in my dog yard. My dogs loved cats. They raised them as their own. They kept the cats I have. We raised probably 50 kittens though the years but these 6 they would take out of the boxes that was going to the pet store and refuse to let them go. I was not in the mind to argue with 3 female rotties. Those 3 girls where the smartest animals I have ever known.

6. FirewifeJess

FirewifeJess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2012
    Gallifrey
    Holy moly it was raining sideways into the run and the chicks and Lucy were all wet, so was their whole area! Poor babies! I put up more plywood to keep them dry and filled their area with dry pine shavings so they'll have some dry ground, and put more shavings in their bin where they sleep. Also got my 2 new waterers hung up, and a rodent feeder with oyster shell. Lots of changes! [​IMG]

Pics in a minute.

Oh, I also let Lucy in the run to get treats off a plate with everyone else. She brought the chicks right with her and not a single of my big girls tried to go after the chicks, who were taking their food! [​IMG] Good girls!!

7. Zgoatlady

Zgoatlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2009
    Enumclaw, WA
    My Coop
    I so love my English orpington, they are so much fun to watch run around the pasture, love the fluffy butts and how they waddle. I'm really happy with all my breeds now nice dark eggs from my BCM and never had a mean rooster, same with the . Orpington s now too, had a nasty one last year that went. I'm waiting to see how the CL rooster s are going to be, the one I have that came from Green fire farms he's a bit of a handful. But my younger one is nice so have to wait and see.
    Sorry just love my birds. :love

NOT in love with the rain..

8. Zgoatlady

Zgoatlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2009
    Enumclaw, WA
    My Coop
    My Rottie girl has raised our baby goats, she is a sweet heart.

9. RainMom

RainMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2013
    Hobart, WA
    ditto- geez, the rain is awful today. not fit for man nor beast outside.

I had to put some more plywood to keep my new gals dry- they looked miserable! Even my lab doesn't want to go outside. I held up a ball and opened the door and he looked at me like "are you nuts?!!"

10. FirewifeJess

FirewifeJess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2012
    Gallifrey
    Waterer with Laya learning how to use it. I already locked them up for the rest of te day so te smart ones will teach the slow ones how to use the nipples.
    [​IMG]
    Cleaned up broody area
    [​IMG]
    Lucy taking a much needed dust bath and freaking out her chicks
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by