Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Oct 19, 2012.

1. RonB

RonB Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2009
    Woodinville
    Boy Kimmy has really flipped out [​IMG] she has gone from having normal L.F to raising Faverolles and Silkies [​IMG] Now shes giving them baby showers [​IMG]

2. FirewifeJess

FirewifeJess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2012
    Gallifrey
    The nice cleaned out decluttered run, no more bulky waterer plopped in the middle, they have a lot more space now.
    [​IMG]

3. TurtlePowerTrav

TurtlePowerTrav T.K.'s Farm

Jul 29, 2012
    Oregon City, OR
    My Coop
    How big do the CCL roosters get? I may add one to the pullet chicks I am getting Monday from AyeUpChuck. If they are not too big that is. Prolly gonna be getting rid of my Orp rooster. He is just too big(12+lbs) and I have all my girls in saddles. He is 50% English HinkJC line, super fluffy. Enough so I have to trim around his vent so he mates easier.

4. TurtlePowerTrav

TurtlePowerTrav T.K.'s Farm

Jul 29, 2012
    Oregon City, OR
    My Coop
    I am surprised the chicks didn't bathe too. Mine did when Whitie bathed. It is so cute

5. FirewifeJess

Mar 2, 2012
    Gallifrey
    How do I tell the difference between a hatchery Cuckoo Marans and hatchery Barred Rocks? They're the same age and I have no clue which is which.

6. Hinotori

Hinotori Silver Feathers Premium Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Graham, WA

Marans should have white skin legs, Rock should be yellow. Saying that I have a hatchery Rock with white skin.

7. mikeyb

mikeyb Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2010
    Rochester, Wa
    Tarp over the run pulled loose in the wind (on one corner only). We got a very nice sun break here in Rockchester so I went out and made the necessary fixem upem.

Rain here also blew sideways today. Not only from the S but from the E which is unusual where I am. Now the litter in the run is damp, nuts. More work.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  8. FirewifeJess

Mar 2, 2012
    Gallifrey

9. RainMom

RainMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2013
    Hobart, WA
    [​IMG]Hey- how about a car hauler-?? does anyone know someone who races cars and wants to make some bucks?

10. Totalcolour

Totalcolour Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, geese are my favourite birds BUT, and it's a biggy, they can be agressive to other birds. We had to get rid of ours, because in breeding season, the gander killed a number of "competing" ducklings. He was protecting his goose I know, but we had a lot of losses of babies because of it. So, if you can keep them separate, they can be wonderful. I really miss mine.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by