Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Zgoatlady

Zgoatlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2009
    Enumclaw, WA
    My Coop
    Feathers on the legs and outside toe

2. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    I think you need to wait til it's 6 to 8 weeks to get a good guess on the sex.

3. FirewifeJess

FirewifeJess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2012
    Gallifrey

4. LaughingFeather

LaughingFeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2012
    Kitsap, Washington
    Back some time ago we where talking about sheet composting garden plots. I saw this on Craigslist and wondered what you think of using this as a sheet compost. It also fits into the do no harm idea of not using nonrenewable resources. Apparently it is a mattress recyclers. All that cotton batting inside the mattresses is being offered free. Lots of it.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/zip/3598243346.html

We generate about 12 square yards a week. Excellent for using in your compost, help new seedlings or for insulation. Come see it at A Plus Removal & Recycling, 116 Clay St NW, Auburn. 253-737-4441 Monday through Friday 7 am to 3:30 pm.

5. Hinotori

Hinotori Silver Feathers Premium Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Graham, WA
    [​IMG]

I can't stop laughing at this.

6. FirewifeJess

Mar 2, 2012
    Gallifrey
    Well, just finished dinner (GF pumpkin pancakes) and have some 3 ingredient PB cookies in the oven...though mine are 5 ingredients because they're better with oatmeal and vanilla ;)

Where is everyone?

7. FirewifeJess

Mar 2, 2012
    Gallifrey
    I am laughing so hard at this too!

8. Lutefisk

Lutefisk Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2013
    Rainmom - how heavy is your shed and how far do you need to move it?

9. lovinchickypoos

lovinchickypoos Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] That looks exactly like my Romeo, but he is super sweet and has never attacked a person!

10. FirewifeJess

Mar 2, 2012
    Gallifrey
    I think someone may have just stolen one of my chickens. I'm baffled! I put all the chickens away and latched the coop and run doors right after dark. Head count and everything. While reading to John I heard a noise but assumed it was just the structure settling or something. Didn't want to worry. Then after putting the kids to bed about 20 minutes ago DH said "Honey, why are the chickens out?! One just walked by the back door...." So I grabbed a flashlight and ran outside and sure enough now all the chickens were outside between the run and the house, and the run door was swung closed but no longer latched. Willow, one of my EEs is missing but all the other chickens were accounted for and they were all together. We looked everywhere and she's missing. I hope it was just a weird coincidence and maybe I'm crazy, maybe she's hunkered down in the dark somewhere we can't find her and will be back in the morning. I'm totally weirded out though and think it smells of HUMANS :(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by