Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Slinglings

Slinglings Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2012
    Seattle 98125

Walmart has negotiated lower prices. If you go to lowes or other retailers and look at the same exact burpee seeds, they will be close to twice the price. Then the website is a little higher even. I don't get that. Maybe they are trying to protect their retailers, Walmart over everyone else apparently.

2. lovinchickypoos

lovinchickypoos Chillin' With My Peeps

He's super cute and is most definitely a Cattle Dog, at least mostly!!! I do think it is rare to have a dog mixed with greyhounds, though, as most that you see are rescues who are fixed and the majority of breeders seem to sell to the racetracks. My former co-worker had a cattle dog named Rooster, b.t.w., but I think he was a blue!!! CONGRATS!!!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  3. LaughingFeather

LaughingFeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2012
    Kitsap, Washington
    Many years ago I worked for Fenwick fishing pole factory on Bainbridge Island. I discovered the difference between the quality of products produced for Fenwick and produced by Fenwick for KMart. I made the big surf poles of fiberglass and the graphite poles. If it was for a normal retailer the material was flawless. There was many layers when rolled and the quality control was very high. When making them for KMart with the Fenwick name on it there was a totally different story. The material was 2nds. Flaws and dirt where many . They didn't require 2 straight sides as the others required, only one and the bend factor was less. The patterns where different and had fewer layers and material in them. This has always stuck with me when shopping and if I can I ask if it is made for or is made by.

4. Greg Richardson

Greg Richardson Chillin' With My Peeps

If you haven't seen this before I think it was on last years news you'll love it.
    Wish I could meet this man.
    I bet he has a good story or two to tell about the doctors. LOLOLOL!!!
    http://videos2view.net/harmonica-man.htm

5. FirewifeJess

FirewifeJess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2012
    Gallifrey
    Adorable! Welcome to BYC Rooster!!

6. TurtlePowerTrav

TurtlePowerTrav T.K.'s Farm

Jul 29, 2012
    Oregon City, OR
    My Coop

7. RainMom

RainMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2013
    Hobart, WA
    the cones were "open", and the seeds are inside, but they were not tightly budded cones, so whatever seeds were inside, will grow (hopefully?). It's better to harvest them "green" and then let them dry naturally, but we just picked up what we could find on the ground.

8. lovinchickypoos

lovinchickypoos Chillin' With My Peeps

He's a red from what I can see! Some people call them Red Heelers.

9. RainMom

RainMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2013
    Hobart, WA
    Your new pup looks like he's settled in already! What a handsome dog!

10. FirewifeJess

FirewifeJess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2012
    Gallifrey
    Yay! Yay! Yay! I found a friend who has lost quite a few chickens to predators lately and she's going to buy ***5*** of my chicks and some brooder equipment tomorrow! Hooray! I think Lucy will be much happier with 3 chicks. She's overwhelmed now. And that means I can use my next broody to get 1-2 sex link laying machines and be done for quite a while. I'm glad this worked out with my friend!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by