Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Quote: Don't worry, others of us have kept chicks in the house. We've had their brooder-playpen in the dining room, once in the family room, and most recently in the spare bedroom. Since we have cats now, we couldn't have the brooder in an area accessible to cats. Because I'm a sucker for tiny chicks that scream when you leave the room, I spent more than a month of my life in there. It would've been a lot easier if they were in an area frequented by all of the humans (like the dining room or family room). So don't worry, I'm sure you won't reach my level of crazy!
Is there evil, maniacal laughter somewhere after that statement? Some others of us can relate. I LOVE having the babies in the house and know I'm fortunate to have a DH that tolerates it.

What, you missed my (thirty, 300-500 year old) oak trees?

Dryish bits of the Salish Sea as far north as Savary Island have Garry Oak. Anyone who feels really brave, I have a couple in my flower beds that could be dug out in the next three or four weeks.

Oh yeah I remember last year that huge brance busted halfway off one of your oaks...scarey !

Yeah, it is 31" across the widest past of the break, around 28" diameter. Still lying there aging, wish I knew somebody with a good mill; my BIL mills doug fir but white oak is to doug fir as granite is to soap, when it comes to cutting the stuff into boards.

Last edited:
I haven't been on in a day or two, not going to read all the posts....
My dog and puppy got really sick. The pup was on purina when i got him and i was still giving one meal a day as purina. I bought purinas Alpo canned food. It was poison. The 2 spoonfuls made my pup so sick, he was vomiting and had cannon butt.
well Oscar got to the vomit before i did (the first time zeus puked). causing both dogs to end up with the issue. PLEASE tell anyone that feeds cheap foods NOT to feed alpo canned dog food.

a quick google search shows many others had similar experience. http://www.consumeraffairs.com/pets/alpo.html

I was reading hand-soap bottles the other day (to avoid sunflower seed oil) and was startled to see "wheat flour and wheat germ oil" 2/3 of the way down the list of tiny print.

I was tested just a month ago for hundreds of allergens (skin tests) and the allergy doc (Joel Black in Olympia) said I would not have a reaction to wheat germ oil on my skin, not the same as ingesting it and having it inside where my immunal system can 'see' it and go bonkers.
Even still, I avoid it !

Yeah, but this stuff had actual flour, too.

I managed to break the inside of my mouth out something wicked. The only new thing I've had was the Savanna Smiles GS cookies, after reading the lable down to the end: no sunflower seed or oil, no nuts at all, and canker sores all over. I am not well pleased (but am glad I don't have issues with meats (other than pork), gluten or dairy, as that's about all I can still eat, one way or another).

Of course given my luck, I've developed a sensitivity to my toothpaste, or something.

I will be sure to keep my big giant black shiney chicken away from you !
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
You are so kind.
How shall I repay you Oh Queen Of Big Black Chickendom.
How about with a pot of curry chicken?
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Brown chicken, not shiney.

Yeah, it is 31" across the widest past of the break, around 28" diameter. Still lying there aging, wish I knew somebody with a good mill; my BIL mills doug fir but white oak is to doug fir as granite is to soap, when it comes to cutting the stuff into boards.
There is a mill here @ fall city. He cuts maple and such. One log at a time. Good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom