Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Yeah, but this stuff had actual flour, too.

I managed to break the inside of my mouth out something wicked. The only new thing I've had was the Savanna Smiles GS cookies, after reading the lable down to the end: no sunflower seed or oil, no nuts at all, and canker sores all over. I am not well pleased (but am glad I don't have issues with meats (other than pork), gluten or dairy, as that's about all I can still eat, one way or another).

Of course given my luck, I've developed a sensitivity to my toothpaste, or something.
By chance are you reactive to sulfur? I can't use toothpaste with any kind of sulfates in it. Cankers in the mouth and antibiotics with sulfur will puff me up like a beekeeper without smoke.
gig.gif

No...but I do hold my breath and I do avoid any dust.
I have been using Franz's new Gluten Free Bread...it is REALLY GOOD and LIGHT and has loads of yeasty holes unlike the rice breads that are so small & heavy like a brick...
Now available at Safeway and a few other grocery stores here.
Cost range from $5 to $6 a loaf....ingredients are:
Water, Brown Rice Flour, Tapioca Flour, Whole Grain Sorghum Flour, eggs, Agave Syrup, Whole Grain Teff, Whole Grain Millet, Xanthum Gum, EVOO, Cultured Brown Rice Flour, Sea Salt, Natural Enzymes.
Tapioca is a "high reactive" food. AKA tapioca starch. (67c/lb)
Have you isolated this?

I haven't been on in a day or two, not going to read all the posts....
My dog and puppy got really sick. The pup was on purina when i got him and i was still giving one meal a day as purina. I bought purinas Alpo canned food. It was poison. The 2 spoonfuls made my pup so sick, he was vomiting and had cannon butt.
well Oscar got to the vomit before i did (the first time zeus puked). causing both dogs to end up with the issue. PLEASE tell anyone that feeds cheap foods NOT to feed alpo canned dog food.

a quick google search shows many others had similar experience. http://www.consumeraffairs.com/pets/alpo.html
Yikes!! That is really scary.
hu.gif
I feed cheaper dry food, but mix it with rice and usually make a gravy out of meat drippings. I never feed my dogs canned food, I can't take the smell. Once or twice a week, they both get a home cooked meal, especially when the weather is colder. I just feel it gives them a little more nutrients. My small dog has been reacting to the cheaper foods lately though, so I think I am going to have to switch him to a food that has no corn/wheat products. Then we will have less poop too.
celebrate.gif

Quote:
I have a German Shepherd Dog that can't do wheat. Apparently it's common in the breed. Poor thing gets the runs and an upset stomach. Depending on if there is a sale, they get Taste of the Wild or more often Kirkland/Kirkland Nature's Domain. For dry dog food it's fine.

Here is a site with Dog Food Reviews http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/

The dogs do get raw meaty bones once or twice a week. Good for their teeth. And whole raw eggs a few times a week (don't feed just egg white). The only treats they get right now are the freeze dried liver, which the kittens will steal from them.

Last edited:
Well we're having an extremely busy week. I have to get outside and worm all my girls with Eprinex; I found mites on Lucy but no one else, likely because she's been sitting on eggs and chicks for so long. I'm going to give a bug bath to the babies too I guess, since I can't use the Eprinex on them safely. Bummer. Like I don't have enough going on. Saturday is pretty much an all day thing for us at the show, and Sunday we have several hours at church in the morning and then I host a baby shower at my house at 4pm! eek! I'm still in major clean and purge and organize mode but I'm sure it'll all come together even if I have to stay up all night to work and bake/cook! We just finished about 3 hours of school which is a TON for us; usually we get it all done in an hour but today was just rough.

Mine do try to be on the chicken food diet if I don't pay attention. Both of them will sneak it, then the GSD will get sick later. They get some of the scraps from dinner when we rarely have left overs. They love cooked broccoli, which the chickens wont touch.

And right now the GSD is on the "let's lick the mud and water off mama's feet" diet. They want to go out and play in the water. I don't want wet dogs. It's warmed enough they have been rolling and splashing in all the puddles and marsh, and jumping out in the pond.

Been a bit stressful lately around here. The company that DH works for lost the contract to reset the helicopters. So the new company is having everyone give them resumes and fill out paperwork. Lots and lots of confusing paperwork. So I've been trying to pay off everything, except the mortgage. We really need to save more, but even if he lost his job today, we'd be ok as long as we cut a few things (TV, cell plan cost). Big reason we didn't look at anywhere near the top of our range of houses when we bought.

Is that what they're calling BARF (bones and raw foods) these days? Prey model raw is a much more appealing name.
wink.png

BARF and Prey model raw are totally different from each other. BARF you feed veggies fruits, and even grains. Prey model raw is like it sounds... It's raw meaty bones, and organ meats. Nothing else.

BARF is basically what a human would need only in raw form.
Prey model is based on what a wild canine would eat.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom