Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

I have a corgi, too! Mine is a cardigan named Maddie. She LOVES our barred rock, and went through a phase where she would use her as a chew toy. Had to do a little training on that one. Now she's getting on well with the hens, and is pretty good at herding them. I adore my corgi!
aww! we went to the shelter a few days ago and there was a cardigan-hound mix! he was very sweet(i have a pembroke)

THAT COMMERCIAL IS TOO FUNNY!
lol.png

Quote: Yeah me too LOL.
gig.gif

Those hens just look so patient and like they are thinking, "We really think you humans are off your rocker but OK I'll sit here for you."

We have a nearly 2yo pembroke named roo. The chickens antagonize her! Her first command was "touch" and she uses it to show affection- she runs around them nose bopping "touching" or at least trying lol

I am not currently NPIP, not enough birds right now. As far as I know they did not test my birds but they DO reserve the right to (after judging according to their catalog). I also would have no issue with my birds being tested one site.
FYI:
Most County Fairs require T&P testing and a state vet arrives at the Fair & takes a tiny speck of blood from the bird, drops it in a tiny bubble cup thingy, and you waite to see if the color changes.
They did not charge for this at our fair, but the fair folks did require it be done.
Was no big deal to test them.
They required at least 50% of your entries be tested, so if I had 10 entered, 5 got tested.
The results are kept in the NPIP office, for us that is Olympia....still, if you "go NPIP", the previous Fair records don't qualify you to be NIPI..you still have to have them come out & do several of each flock at your farm.
So 2 years ago I have 2 of each of my breeds tested for P&T....by a NPIP officer at the fair, all passed & records are kept but This does not mean I am NPIP (
he.gif
)
To be a NPIP participant, you must have them come out & inspect your farm.

FYI:
Most County Fairs require T&P testing and a state vet arrives at the Fair & takes a tiny speck of blood from the bird, drops it in a tiny bubble cup thingy, and you waite to see if the color changes.
They did not charge for this at our fair, but the fair folks did require it be done.
Was no big deal to test them.
They required at least 50% of your entries be tested, so if I had 10 entered, 5 got tested.
The results are kept in the NPIP office, for us that is Olympia....still, if you "go NPIP", the previous Fair records don't qualify you to be NIPI..you still have to have them come out & do several of each flock at your farm.
So 2 years ago I have 2 of each of my breeds tested for P&T....by a NPIP officer at the fair, all passed & records are kept but This does not mean I am NPIP (
he.gif
)
To be a NPIP participant, you must have them come out & inspect your farm.

Yup. WFF had in their book they reserved the right to, they just didn't. No big deal at all. NPIP is still a false security blanket, but I think it's the way to go if you can (then you're actually legal to sell birds out of state and ship eggs and chicks and birds. Only reason I'm not NPIP right now is I simply don't have the minimum number of birds (30) over 16 weeks of age (which is very very sad to me, first time in my poultry breeding lifetime that I've had so few.)

Last edited:
Matt meant to tell you the Crele Leghorn cockerel is alive & well...has a cushion comb however, a product of R/C Leghorn and P/C Albertan (Chantecler)
He is a nice bird, getting really pretty.
Not sure if I have a need/use for him though.
I have his barred sisters to breed back to their sire....so I will not breed brother to these sisters.
I can get a photo of him if you'd like.

Right now I have to go sand down a floor & get it ready for hardwood.
At least it is a sit down job !

EVERYONE HAVE A SUPER TURKEY DAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom