Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Silkie eggs work great for pickling. Much better than the large eggs.

When I was doing all that baking last month I weighed out the contents of a few large eggs and then weighed contents of the silkie eggs. Two silkie eggs averaged 3-4 grams lighter than a large egg. Close enough for most recipes. If I picked only the biggest silkie eggs, two was even with a large.

Silkie eggs work great for pickling. Much better than the large eggs.

When I was doing all that baking last month I weighed out the contents of a few large eggs and then weighed contents of the silkie eggs. Two silkie eggs averaged 3-4 grams lighter than a large egg. Close enough for most recipes. If I picked only the biggest silkie eggs, two was even with a large.

I will have to photo the eggs they are tiny takes like 4 to equal one of normal ones

Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions of where to get a good price on hardware cloth, or even a good alternative? I'm new to all this chicken stuff and our HD credit card is getting up there on the balance! I need to start finding decent alternatives that don't break the bank but also do the job intended! We have some kind of predator that is picking our chickens off one by one... After of course the initial attack of getting 20 of my babies. :hit :barnie
You might try Farm supply store. I’ve got mine at a place that sells farm and ranch supplies.

I weighed out 14 dozen eggs to get correct sizes last year. Each one is at the bottom number for that size range. Except peewee which is anything under a certain size

Bantam pullet egg, peewee (adult silkie), small, medium, large, extra large, jumbo

download.jpeg

So tonight the black cockerels figured out how to actually walk into their coop to go to bed. It only took them three weeks.

I know they grew up in a barn, not coop and run, but you'd think they'd have caught on quicker with watching the other boys and me stuffing them through the door each night.

So tonight the black cockerels figured out how to actually walk into their coop to go to bed. It only took them three weeks.

I know they grew up in a barn, not coop and run, but you'd think they'd have caught on quicker with watching the other boys and me stuffing them through the door each night.

and all we can do it shake our heads

Back
Top Bottom