Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

:lau
Hi my name is Jessica and my husband Chris just got orders to be stationed at Ft Lewis in Feb. I was just curious, since we havent found a house yet, where are some good places to live near the post that are Chicken/duck friendly?  We have 6 hens of various breeds, a Mandarin breeding pair and a white cheeked bahama pintail breeding pair. 

Hi Jessica, welcome! How far from the base are you willing to commute? We have several people here that live in Tacoma. Puyallup and Bonney Lake are nice. Lakewood would probably work, but check their laws. Further south we have a member in Olympia. I think we have someone in Roy.

With the holidays upon us there are several people that are scarce right now.

Merry Christmas!

ETA: Oh my what the iPad did to the word Puyallup! fixed now!

I'm in Lacey, too- there are some places around here which are chicken-friendly, and Nisqually-Lacey is actually the closest housing market to the Fort Lewis Main Gate which is not in essentially hand-to-hand housing (like Ranger Row in Steilicoom).

Spanaway might work, although base access is not as convenient.

Thanks for posting this. I am the partner of Tabitha's niece and appreciate seeing it here, of all places!! :) I am a member of the forum, so was surprised to see!

Pardon the last comment...the post didn't end up where I thought it would end up and I can't figure out how to move or delete it. It was supposed to have been a reply to the post about Tabitha Schulke.

As I look around the house I see much evidence of BYC peeps: lotion bars from dawng, handmade earrings from Ogress, homemade jam from Rainwolf, feed tote sacks from Chickielady, dish mat from Justbugged, chick sculptures from ChickenRustler, origami and artwork from Itsren's kids, chicken beads from Shyla-C, handmade candle holder from Totalcolour, a bag of Sevin from KMHunter. I also bought a baby pouch from Slinglings and wine from SadieSue's shop for family for Christmas. That's just in the house! Outside, there is a fabulous coop made by VelvettFog and trucked over by FlamingChicken, not to mention the actual fowl I've gotten through BYC. There were many many more wonderful conversations, meetings and good food shared as well.

Thank you all for the best gift of all, friendship. Your various talents, advice, chicken camraderie and humor have truly enriched and blessed my life!
smile.png

Thank you all for the best gift of all, friendship. Your various talents, advice, chicken camraderie and humor have truly enriched and blessed my life!
smile.png
How right you are Robin. Of all the peeps I know, the BYC bunch are my favourites. I know that when times get tough, you all are the ones that step forward. I hope I can do the same. Friendship truly is the most precious gift of all.

Merry Crimbly Eve Everybody

. . . . now off to friends for celebrating . . . .​

Back
Top Bottom