Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

I live in Bothell and we are not allowed to have roosters here. You can probably google Lynnwood regulations and find out what the laws are for Lynnwood on having roosters. I bought some chicks from Bothell Feed this Spring and two of my chicks turned out to be roosters. I ran an ad on Craigslist for a while and also on this forum and didn't have any luck. I ended up taking them to Monroe Farm and Feed. They have a "rooster pen" where you can drop off any unwanted chickens and they sell them for $10. They are also a good place for feed and supplies and have pretty good prices and seem pretty knowledgeable. They also have a great selection of different chicks if you plan on adding more to your flock.

Thanks! I have looked on the City of Lynnwoods web page but am not having much luck. The search continues. What kind of chicks did you get from them? How are they doing otherwise? One of our Buff Brahmas died at 3 days old, otherwise they are doing good. Good to know about Monroe Farm and Feed, I just looked on their web site and couldnt find anything about a rooster pen, is it always open for donations?

Today, while I was at work, my dear Pengin was grabbed by a coyote. My mom was gardening and keeping an eye and ear out, but it snuck in under the radar. It was no later than 1:30 PM. I hate pup season. I hate coyotes. If I could wish one entire species away, it would be the coyotes native to this state.
I'm sorry. I know how fond you were of her.

wee.gif
wee.gif

WHOOHOO, I'M BACK
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif

Finally, got back on.

The folks that take care of problems did great. Took several tries on their part (and their patience) but they did it.

A HUGE WELCOME TO ALL THE NEW PEEPS THAT I MISSED WHILE GONE.
welcome-byc.gif
yippiechickie.gif

I had to read 150 posts just to catch up.
caf.gif
Anyhoo, the problem all started with some malware. There was an ad (popup) that came across my computer that closely resembled an alert by my security program. When I clicked on it I knew I did wrong. It took awhile but I did a "clean install", etc,etc. Then I couldn't log on the forum. IDK what happened, but it's OK now.

Man, that was a bit of a hot spell we had. I hope everyone got through it OK.

Thanks! I have looked on the City of Lynnwoods web page but am not having much luck. The search continues. What kind of chicks did you get from them? How are they doing otherwise? One of our Buff Brahmas died at 3 days old, otherwise they are doing good. Good to know about Monroe Farm and Feed, I just looked on their web site and couldnt find anything about a rooster pen, is it always open for donations?

I asked about the rooster pen at Monroe farm and feed and yes, it is always open for donations .

Are you all sufficiently impressed that I finally got a new password so I can join you again? My computer is still an annoying piece of junk. The screen display randomly shrinks to just 12% multiple times an hour and each time I have to force shut-down and it loses all my passwords that usually fill in automatically, so I am rarely on the beast anymore.

Totally Impressed - wondered where you were! And to answer the next post before I read it, no, but I will have chicks next week! BBS JG's and Blue copper Marans (courtesy CL) and AMS (courtesy Sumpfarmer). Waiting with bated breath!

Back
Top Bottom