Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Hi Guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

frow.gif

ummm...hi?

This is not exactly what you were looking for but check out paragraph 5.
http://www.portorchardindependent.com/news/19833664.html

Ah, poo, lol..we will only have 3/4 acre if we get this house we are looking at. But it is County zoned, I believe, so as I understand...everything changes. But it is near IMPOSSIBLE to find any information!! And now my DH has decided that the yard has so many blackberry bushes...that he wants a goat...on top of the chickens that I want. I would just love if I could find something that said "In this area, under this zoning, you may have this many chickens on this much land..etc, etc, etc.." if only things were so simple ..in a perfect world, maybe. :D

Kitsap County doesn't have a limit on the number of chickens, so if you're outside the city limits of Port Orchard you're good to go. You'll just be limited by your neighborhood assoc., if any, and how close your neighbors live (for noise issues). For a family of four, think 5-6 chickens since they have a nasty habit of laying on their own schedule and taking 3 week breaks whenever it suits them! :lol:

i have a corgi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he is so handsome but he afraid of barred rocks cuz he tried to herd mine and she jumped on his back!
yippiechickie.gif
I have a corgi, too! Mine is a cardigan named Maddie. She LOVES our barred rock, and went through a phase where she would use her as a chew toy. Had to do a little training on that one. Now she's getting on well with the hens, and is pretty good at herding them. I adore my corgi!

Hello! I've been on the site off and on for many years, but don't post much. I'm between Gig Harbor and Port Orchard on a little farm near Carney Lake.

Currently I have 4 Easter Eggers, 3 Reds, 2 Black Australorps (SP?), a Turken, and 6 ducks. What I'm really hoping for is to find a local supplier of Blue Amaraucanas (pure line, not Easter Eggers!) Any out there? I'm a big fan of the blue and green eggs <3 I'd also love to have more turkens (they are SO friendly) and any blue or lavender breeds.

Here in Lynnwood still looking for someone in the neighborhood who might know about roosters. I can't find anything on the city ordinance that specifies Roosters. We ended up with one and were going to try to keep him though he is starting to get very manly around my laying Buff Orpington. Not sure I like it. His Crow in the morning isn't too loud, does it get worse. He's been doing it 2 weeks now. If we don't let him out of the enclosure into the coop until later in the morning he doesnt do it, my kids go to school at 9am so far he's not too bad then but if he is let out before 7 or even almost 8 lately then he starts up. So far no neighbors have complained, luckily I know them all so I would hear about it.

Back
Top Bottom