Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Is there a reason that only 2 of my chickens will kind of get near me and the rest run from me like I am a Sasquatch.
1f602.png
I am slow and gentle with them but they don't want to hve anything to do with me they are 10 weeks old.

Is there a reason that only 2 of my chickens will kind of get near me and the rest run from me like I am a Sasquatch.
1f602.png
I am slow and gentle with them but they don't want to hve anything to do with me they are 10 weeks old.

Mine seem to go through phases........afraid, not afraid.........but all gets equalized when I start sprinkling meal worms from heaven.......then they are all my friends.

I condition all of my chickens to the "white jar that goes shake-shake-shake" and dispenses meal worms. I don't give them lots......keeping it a desired commodity. While I have lots of chickens and don't handle many of them more than every few months, I do like them to come close to me so I can visually inspect them every day. That little white jar makes everyone come runnin........
droolin.gif

1f602.png
glad you stopped in
welcome-byc.gif
Mine little darns don't like me till they start to lay
my 1 year old barreds peck at me for pets

Okay I thought I was doing something to scare them or that they were just anti social. Like if I put food in my hand they go for my hand before the food some times and since they aren't little anymore it doesn't feel very nice.

Mine seem to go through phases........afraid, not afraid.........but all gets equalized when I start sprinkling meal worms from heaven.......then they are all my friends.

I condition all of my chickens to the "white jar that goes shake-shake-shake" and dispenses meal worms. I don't give them lots......keeping it a desired commodity. While I have lots of chickens and don't handle many of them more than every few months, I do like them to come close to me so I can visually inspect them every day. That little white jar makes everyone come runnin........:drool

They all come running to me as soon as I step in the pen but if I want to check their feet or anything they take off crying like I am trying to hurt them.

I wish I was! But alas, I'm moving my daughter home from college in Bellingham today. That means Seattle traffic...fun times

Seattle traffic is the worst! My daughter has a performance at Town Hall in Seattle today and rehearsals today, tomorrow, and Monday for a musical number she is doing for an awards ceremony at the Fifth Avenue theater on Monday. We already drive her to Seattle twice a week for choir rehearsals. My husband has been driving her lately since I had to stop driving while using an ankle cast and taking pain meds while waiting for surgery.

Back
Top Bottom