Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Hello everyone! I'm new to BYC. I live in Walla Walla, WA and I have Indian Runner ducks.

1 - female chocolate (adult unsure of age due to her being rescue)
1 - white female with a blue bill (1 yrs old)
2 - female fawns (9 weeks old)
1 - black drake (9 weeks old)
1 - black sex unsure due to feathers haven' really filled out yet (9 weeks old)
1 - blue unsexed duckling (4 weeks olds)

Welcome to the group!

Hello everyone! I'm new to BYC. I live in Walla Walla, WA and I have Indian Runner ducks.

1 - female chocolate (adult unsure of age due to her being rescue)
1 - white female with a blue bill (1 yrs old)
2 - female fawns (9 weeks old)
1 - black drake (9 weeks old)
1 - black sex unsure due to feathers haven' really filled out yet (9 weeks old)
1 - blue unsexed duckling (4 weeks olds)

Welcome to our corner of the site we are a odd group allot of chickens and ducks but thrilled with a new member :welcome pull up a chair and join in

I am sure you all know more than me, but I have tried a bunch of different brands/types of feed and the one my chickens love and do very well on is PayBack. Have any of you tried it? They have organic feeds as well as conventional feeds, waterfowl feed, etc. The Hermiston, OR plant is 800-700-2295 and the Harrisburg, OR plant (organic) is 800-398-0327 if you want to call and find out who sells it near you. BiMart carries the scratch for $9.95 for 50 lbs and layer pellets are around $15 (not sure on the pellets exactly, but not expensive). I checked with CHS (manufacturer) and they said the quality of the feed is the same in BiMart as anywhere else and all have the same formulas no matter who sells. My husband feeds this to his racing pigeons also and they look gorgeous and lay like crazy. Some that I have tried that I didn't like for one reason or another are Scratch and Peck, Nutrena, Purina, Natural Farm Feed and a couple of others. Not saying they are bad brands but the chickens and I didn't like them 100%. Just my ramblings...

I am sure you all know more than me, but I have tried a bunch of different brands/types of feed and the one my chickens love and do very well on is PayBack. Have any of you tried it? They have organic feeds as well as conventional feeds, waterfowl feed, etc. The Hermiston, OR plant is 800-700-2295 and the Harrisburg, OR plant (organic) is 800-398-0327 if you want to call and find out who sells it near you. BiMart carries the scratch for $9.95 for 50 lbs and layer pellets are around $15 (not sure on the pellets exactly, but not expensive). I checked with CHS (manufacturer) and they said the quality of the feed is the same in BiMart as anywhere else and all have the same formulas no matter who sells. My husband feeds this to his racing pigeons also and they look gorgeous and lay like crazy. Some that I have tried that I didn't like for one reason or another are Scratch and Peck, Nutrena, Purina, Natural Farm Feed and a couple of others. Not saying they are bad brands but the chickens and I didn't like them 100%. Just my ramblings...
Thank you, where are you located maybe a few a few of us could build a little co-op just between us to get it from them with bulk price?

hey asking for opinions here brought home all the peeps celtic thought where roos this one has me questioning my knowledge gained had two alike other showed boy right off the bat at like 5 weeks this did not get red in the crown till two or three weeks ago but now it crows... I am pretty dead certain it is giving me tiny little eggs 066.jpg 065.jpg

hey asking for opinions here brought home all the peeps celtic thought where roos this one has me questioning my knowledge gained had two alike other showed boy right off the bat at like 5 weeks this did not get red in the crown till two or three weeks ago but now it crows... I am pretty dead certain it is giving me tiny little eggs View attachment 1051706 View attachment 1051711
Well, if it lays an egg, it is a hen. Some hens crow. I would try to watch it in the act of laying, then you know for sure it is a girl. LOL

Back
Top Bottom