Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's a darn shame, CR

I'll talk to him about swapping cars

and maybe I can also bring his camera so you all could see my gorgeous roo

I'm not quite ready to give him up, will if I absolutely HAVE to ... but I think he makes a great lawn ornament

the girls just look, and sometimes act, like wild birds ...

coming back from the store tonight, I saw birds skittering across the road ... seems we have QUAIL in the neighborhood

California quail I think, with the topknots ... though I haven't heard anything in the woods like Chi CAAAAA Go .....

pasture and orchard one side of road, fir-and-oak-and-cottonwood woods on the other, so they aren't domestic

Quote:
Yes.

How many!!!??? I am so HAPPY for you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hugs.gif
ya.gif

Got pics of Daddy?
I do:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/50801_img_062911.jpg

He is the most gorgeous rooster of any breed!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got five eggs developing I think. No chicks yet. Is that Monica's rooster?

If anyone is going from anywhere close to Chehalis even Olympia/Lacey up to Puyallup/ Bonney Lake please let me know!
I have this washer and dryer set for T-hi. Helping will require a truck/ trailer/cargo van to transport. The poor girl actually WANTS to do laundry! Can you imagine WANTING to do laundry?!
lol.png
Is there anyone one out there to help make her twisted wish come true?
I meant to have it to her already but hit a snag in my scheduling.
I'm still working on getting them to her ASAP but if anyone is going soon that would be great! You can PM or email me and we can meet up!

Last edited:
Strange summer = broody hens?
he.gif

I'm up on Whidbey Island where its been mostly in the 50s and 60s, which seems to have set off a crazed brooding addiction with my hens. Anyone else having a similar situation with their feathered ladies?

I'm happy to have a few broodies, but I'm running low on fertilized eggs. Anyone in Western Washington with BBS Cochin eggs, same Silkie or similar?

Also, anyone need adolescent ducklings?
roll.png
The ducks are breeding like rabbits! We have nearly 2 month old Rouens, Blue Swedes and a few KC/Rouen mixes.

We are getting ready for the SECRET south end meet of the minds. Ok so it may not be much of a meeting since it looks like there may only be 3 minds there. But it will be a couple of awesome BYC ladies and me.

And anybody else who would like to show up!!!! We will meet at the north end of Yard Birds in Chehalis about 9:00am TODAY !!!! Come on down

will see if we can make it

DH volunteered to drive --- I am having some problems with legs and feet swelling, not sure sitting for an hour's drive will be that great

but would like to talk chicken with you all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom