Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
late coming in here on this, but I won't be able to make it. I'll be up in Olympia for a work training all day Tues/Wed. Very long days... wish I could, though... love Spiffy's cream pie
tongue.png

OK, next time ???
sad.png

Hope you are doing good up on the hill...what kind of work training ?

Quote:
Yes, it will be around noonish if that is OK for your two ?
We can eat at Spiffy's OK ?
Got a better place let me know...I will be gone alot the next 3 or 4 days with Doc appts and such, anyone need me, call or PM...

Quote:
late coming in here on this, but I won't be able to make it. I'll be up in Olympia for a work training all day Tues/Wed. Very long days... wish I could, though... love Spiffy's cream pie
tongue.png

OK, next time ???
sad.png

Hope you are doing good up on the hill...what kind of work training ?

oh, it's just for a job I already have... for the migrant program at the school. It's about helping families form a support group so they can let the school know what they need. Speaking of which, I need to call one of the parents about that.

Quote:
Jealous; but at least it is not squalling anymore; just rain and lots of wind. I was able to roll my coop/run out onto our lawn, so the the hens can stand in the shallow stream and wash off. At least the lawn is over gravel and not mud. They were all starting to look like the Australorps, so muddy! Where they are now is not sheltered from the wind. I have tarps over the ting, but that just makes for a noisy racket. The girls I think are tone deaf to the noise the tarp makes in the wind by now. They no longer startle. I do need to roll the thing back up into the woods for some protection from the elements. I think I will get my snow shovel and scrape away as much of the mud as I can and replace it with bark from the kids play yard.

Quote:
Don't know how they would get along with yer others but We just got 3 RIR BANTAMS and just love em. they are so friendly. I talked to a breeder and he told me O yeah if you want them to move ya just about have to kick em out of the way. They are just starting to lay and they are producing some nice eggs for little girls. We got ours at the show in Chehalis but since I found out I know a guy who breeds and said he will give more. I may get into them more.
Well I may be about to get taken out for the night. It is windy and the lights just flickered.

That is exactly what we want...hens that are friendly. Ours are pets. They are so spoiled. I would love to get a couple of these hens. DH was talking about these tiny hens we had many-many years ago....they had been given to us....I think they were called Seabrights....but I want really friendly hens. I wish there was some way for me to get over there to buy a couple from your "source". I will have to talk to Heather and see what breeds she has.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom