Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't pulled the begonias in yet I am waiting for a little harder freeze. My begonias are somewhat protected from freezing temps. I also need to pull the calla bulbs. I am going to winter them over in a paper bag this year. In previous years I left them in the pot, and just brought the one pot into the garage. But this year I have pots and pots of bulbs.

I just had a thought. I should bring some bulbs to the show. I have orange callas. I bought the bulbs at The Wright Conservatory in Tacoma. I had one pot of them bloom this year. The foliage is variegated, so even when they don't bloom, the plants are gorgeous.

I also need to stop by a local friend of mine to pull her begonia bulbs. She is a wonderful person, and she needs the help. She moves slower than I do. lol

Okay the night crew is giving up. I was smart enough to turn the TV off finally. I do like to watch Flashpoint.

Quote:
remember, we will be gone starting this Thursday, not back until Saturday the week after that (Nov 26) ... so basically gone until after Thanksgiving

then will need to do some adapting to the not-yet-finished crate coop ... so if someone else needs/wants them ...

I can hold them until they crow
smile.png
Which should be another month or so. Just let me know if you want one. If you already have one coming from one of your other batchs of grandchicks...no problem. I just recalled you mentioning that Rupert was not being the best rooster and you might want a grandchick to replace.

Quote:
Fantastic. DH just stopped by my work and said that he was able to get out of bed and walk himself to his chair today. Looks like he'll be out of ICU by maybe Friday, which is what the Drs were predicting...
big_smile.png

thumbsup.gif

Great news!
celebrate.gif

Hello hello Hello! I'm from SW washington about 10 min from Portland Oregon. I am very excite to lose myself in this web site and learn about my ladies .I have been a chicken owner since April 2011 <3
Who knew I would love chickens so much!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom