Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh they are great for kids to show and have around,people just like them because they are cute. Oh the dark meat is supose to be really good too. NO I dont eat ours NO NO NO
rant.gif
How well do your silkies lay? I have read a few different things some say very poor only 1 or less a week but others say average about 3 a week? I am thinking about getting Bearded Splash... is it true that if you bread a Splash to a Splash you get 100% Splash? I know nothing about breeding so just wondering. Thanks

Can you get a bigger picture of her by chance, my girls are fuller than she is. She isn't a Wheaton roo that's for sure.
would post a pic of her but right now there is a communication problem between my husbands camera and the computer! lol! We have been calling and calling around for antibiotics for the girls. It broke my heart today when my son comes home from school looking like hes gonna cry asking are you gonna cull the girls mom! I gentle said that we are doing everything we can but that we really didn't know, awwe man this is hard cause I really don't know what I am doing! Hubby and I put a solution that is supposed to help in their water today and they were really thirsty today so its getting into their system! I will post a pic as soon as a communications treaty is signed between the two systems. Thank you Robin I have my fingers crossed! I have been calling on different antibiotics all day!

Can never keep up with this thread if I have stuff to do during the day.

I had silkies to hatch eggs and because they are so fluffy and sweet. My girls were just so nice. My roosters, though very very loud, were also sweet and would tolerate the indignity of me snuggling them. I miss them and would very happily eat the neighbors dog right now because of that.

So hubby told me I can get some more silkies, BUT, only if I get non hatchery stock. He saw the big fluffy ones up at the chicken show in Monroe and liked them.

Sunbug 4 Correct me if I am wrong but,, I think when you first had the kitten home you said she had fleas.. She may very well have tapeworm. Animals bite at themselves when they itch and likewise swallow fleas. Whomever had the kittens certainly didn't care for them - she may have other types of worms as well. Any of these could cause her to be thin and unthrifty
She has ear mites, nasty! but I tackled them!! Her ears are really looking much better..And from looking at poo and her tushy she is worm free :)

Quote: I have her on kitty formula!! She is not my first bottle baby.. Thank goodness! LOL! Never thought of the rice cereal though, I will do that for sure!! I have been using the bottle to feed her but also a small plate with formula on it also, i start her there dipping her lil nose in it and getting her to lick it and when she is annoyed I give her the bottle. LOL! I did take a small chunk out of the nipple to..lol a small hole just would not work, was not fast enough for her. She is a side drinker..lol And she will only drink if she is on my chest on my heart so my hand is in a cramp, but hey she is eatting! She just had her biggest feeding! YAY!!!!!! And now she is pestering the dogs. Good Kitty! Thank you sooo much! And trust me, if I think she is struggeling I will let you know and beg for help!!! I think she is going to be just fine!!! :) Thank you thank you thank you!
big_smile.png

Ha Ha! I just told my husband I was going to get some of that in the morning! To funny! Great Minds think alike!! lol
Make sure you dont give her to much at first it will give her the runs and make her dehydrated... Another thing that works really well is Rice Cereal with baby formula or kitten milk. You can get it at walmart. Or mixing kitten chow with formula and mashing it up like baby food putting it on your finger and letting her lick it off. Oh and I dunno if you know but dont give her Cows milk... the spores in it will make her very sick. Good luck he is adorable

My bright eyes Luna!

OMG such an adorable thing!

I want a cat. We're waiting a bit more though. Need one to help the GSD take care of the vermin. I miss my old kitty. She'd lay across my left should and drool purr in my ear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom