Wasp Advice/Assistance please?

The bald faced hornets you definitely want to kill, they will light you up if they feel threatened. The interior nest looks like the sort of docile paper wasps I get around here. I always leave those up because they never bother me or the chickens.

I agree with @LifeSimpleAndSweet , when they are that small it's easiest to just take a broom and knock them down.

a squirt of gasoline on the nest kills the wasps within seconds. The gas evaporates in a few minutes or less. It even kills the pupa in the nest cells and the wasps that weren't killed with the nest will go elsewhere.

Lacquer thinner works too. Wasps love the smell though and find it intoxicating. My spray booth at my shop always attracts wasps. There was a group of dirt daubers one summer that started building mud cells in the corner but kept getting drunk and starting new cells instead of completing the first cells. The booth ceiling is around 10' tall and you see this string of unfinished cells stretching a good four or five feet.

a squirt of gasoline on the nest kills the wasps within seconds. The gas evaporates in a few minutes or less. It even kills the pupa in the nest cells and the wasps that weren't killed with the nest will go elsewhere.

Lacquer thinner works too. Wasps love the smell though and find it intoxicating. My spray booth at my shop always attracts wasps. There was a group of dirt daubers one summer that started building mud cells in the corner but kept getting drunk and starting new cells instead of completing the first cells. The booth ceiling is around 10' tall and you see this string of unfinished cells stretching a good four or five feet.
That sounds like it would be hilarious to see! Lol
Thanks for the suggestions! So far since getting rid of them I haven't seen anything new. I'm checking every morning while doing my rounds before work, but I'll keep this in mind for future :)

Back
Top Bottom