Wasp spray in coop - what to do?

hensonly

Songster
11 Years
May 15, 2008
upstate NY
Hi,

I have been preparing my coop for 15 RIR pullets, 5 weeks tomorrow...there are a number of paper wasp nest in the roof, and a helpful someone sprayed them today!!!

I wanted to move the chicks out of the brooder and into the coop tomorrow, but now I have poisoned wasps, larvae, and drips of the spray on the floor of the house and run. I've cleaned up as best I can, but there are still spray-soaked nests and dead wasps clinging to them up in the roof.

What do I do? Can I clean it somehow, or will the poison dissipate on its own? HOw long do I need to wait before I can put birds in there? It's very open and will air out quickly, but still...

Please advise, thank you in advanc,

I'd wait at least a day or two for the poison to dry completely. And also be sure to sweep up any dead insects that drop to within chicken range - they will eat the dead ones and get the poision that way.

I have wasps too. I was wondering if there is something I can coat the roof to keep them from making the nest? I knocked one off on Sunday and this morning they started building another.

Yall! My FIL killed some flying ants with the hot shot hornet and wasp and the ladies ate the dead ones, are they going to be ok?! Is there an egg withdrawal?! 😭

Back
Top Bottom