Wasp spray sprayed near coop question

mayberrygirl74

Hatching
May 6, 2023
My hubby sparayed Hot Shot Wasp and Hornet Killer on the back of the house eve at a wasp nest, we have 3 coops that lime that area of the back of the house about 2-3 foot away, chickens are contained in coop/run situations. Are my chickens safe? It is supposed to rain tomorrow and I am afraid of the runnoff from the spray.

I read the Safety Data Sheet, From what I gather reading, if product dries out, most of the danger is over. If rain created a slight runoff, I don't think it would be substantial to be Dangerous.
Here is that SDS.

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and :welcome

Attachments

• HotShotWaspHornetKiller396881908845SDSJun20 1.pdf
    108.2 KB · Views: 6
Thank you for your reply! I looked at the SDS last night and could not make heads or tails of it. I decided to move the coops this morning to the fence line to be safe. By the time any run off made it that far it would be well diluted I would think. Google was no help, what looks like the 2 main ingredients are in things made to put on chickens, but it is the petroleum stuff I am most worried about. I was collecting eggs and locking up my babies when he came around the house and sprayed 2 short sprays at the tiny nest. I am just being overly cautious, we just lost a girl last week to unknown causes, she was fine one min and had died by morning.

I have Fire Ants here which can be deadly to birds if they get stung a few times. I use deadly sprays a lot around the coop as well, similar to Wasp spray. I try to use it in the mornings when doors and windows are open, chickens are outside and it has time to air off. My birds have never had trouble with it. Yours should be ok too as long as they aren't eating anything that got sprayed like foliage and grass. :)

I have Fire Ants here which can be deadly to birds if they get stung a few times. I use deadly sprays a lot around the coop as well, similar to Wasp spray. I try to use it in the mornings when doors and windows are open, chickens are outside and it has time to air off. My birds have never had trouble with it. Yours should be ok too as long as they aren't eating anything that got sprayed like foliage and grass. :)
Thank you for replying! I have gotten 2 coops moved and 1 to go. The back of the house where he sprayed was damp this morning from the dew and it is supposed to rain this afternoon, the runs get so muddy and I was worried about any of the spray getting into the water as it rained (if it pours tat section tends to get super soggy). They are enjoying the new grass.

Back
Top Bottom