Watch were our stimulus money is going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
yeah, good question...

That would be people like children, elderly, mentally incapacitated. In other words people that can't take care of themselves. I guess they could have said helpless but that's probably not PC.

Maybe it's a welfare package rather than a stimulus package. I'm not saying that helping these people isn't nobel. I'm just of the opinion that a stimulus package should go to building things and actually helping the majority with jobs, etc. If the majority gets to the point of prosperity, help will follow for everyone. JMHO.

Last edited:
If I mismanage my money, go broke and then take an expensive trip to Vegas to talk about it, can I apply for stimulus money? It seems to be working for others.

Last edited:
Quote:
Help to get off the grid...there are tax credits in the bill for those making improvements in the energy efficiency of homes...I'm in for added insulation, attic vents, and maybe some solar or wind

Help to buy a farm...there is a tax credit for those buying first-time homes

Money for school...check out the Hope credit, Lifetime Learner, and educational expenses credits currently available for almost all students...only ones not eligible are those making over $200k/year

healthcare...part of the stimulus package includes help (65% of the premium) for those utilizing Cobra policies when they have lost their jobs, there is also mney in the bill for states to insure children without any other means of medical insurance

And in a couple of months, by June 1, you will notice an increase in your paycheck as payroll taxes are reduced.

Last edited:
Quote:
Don't think so. It's needs based. I'm sure if your dishonest you can find a way to take advantage of it though. But you sound more like a person that is honest and is disgusted by people working the system. I wish they could figure that one out.

Welfare is a necessary evil of a civilized society. Protecting children is more than welfare. There are a lot of people in the world that shouldn't be parents. Protecting their children is a worthy endeavor.

Quote:
Forget Government websites, they are only there so our Gov can pay somebody to pretend they are useful.

Really want to see where your hardearned money is going?
Go to our room which has a bunch of white appliances, each of them has a fawcet or two, one rather small of your appliances in a shape of a bowl has a tank sitting on the top of it. The tank has a small handle on it.
Push the handle down and watch the water going making swirling sound - down the bowl and disappearing!

THAT IS WHERE YOUR MONEY IS GOING.

thumbsup.gif

Pascopol and cluckychick: Where DO you want your money to go?

They can't do anything with my money, because I don't have any
lau.gif

They tried to take it away years ago, claimed I owed them because I payed my mortgage and therefore I must have made more money. They attached my wages. I was working temp jobs, coz that was all I could get. I had to hire a tax person and for a "small fee" I got my money back, plus interest.
They can't believe that some people just live frugally and within their means!!!
barnie.gif

Quote:
Care to elaborate? It just looks like a different administration wasting money we don't have to me.
Atleast we can look at the website and find out what it was supposedly wasted on.

Quote:
Care to elaborate? It just looks like a different administration wasting money we don't have to me.
Atleast we can look at the website and find out what it was supposedly wasted on.

What would you do???? I think some people don't understand how hard it is in this situation.

I have only ONE thing to say about this administration. You who voted them in are going to PAY, PAY, PAY and PAY some more for more years to come than you can fan tam. Any possibly of get ANY thing out of this bill is about 1 percent of what you are going to PAY in the end.

This bill is NOT for you, it is for your government, states and those projects that the lobbyist wanted of the democratic senators and house reps.

Nancy and Harry have been working on this and hoping to get a chance to pass this under your noses and they finally succeeded.

Shame on Mr. Obama. This is business as usual or should I say unbridled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom