Watch were our stimulus money is going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Now that would be very helpful. Promoting backyard chicken raising.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Forget Government websites, they are only there so our Gov can pay somebody to pretend they are useful.

Really want to see where your hardearned money is going?
Go to our room which has a bunch of white appliances, each of them has a fawcet or two, one rather small of your appliances in a shape of a bowl has a tank sitting on the top of it. The tank has a small handle on it.
Push the handle down and watch the water going making swirling sound - down the bowl and disappearing!

THAT IS WHERE YOUR MONEY IS GOING.

thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Care to elaborate? It just looks like a different administration wasting money we don't have to me.
Atleast we can look at the website and find out what it was supposedly wasted on.

What would you do???? I think some people don't understand how hard it is in this situation.

I definitely know how hard it is in this situation. I have not made a dollar in months. I would definitely not throw borrowed money at it. That was proven not to work during the last administration. The debt will be run up around 1.5 trillion this quarter alone. We have to pay this somehow and that somehow is taxes. The last thing we need is a higher tax burden. Higher debt also devalues the dollar. Inflation would doom us at this moment. The government needs to leave it alone and let it run its course so it can recover. The longer the government picks at it the longer this recession will last.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

The way things are going it would definitely be helpful.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

The way things are going it would definitely be helpful.

I wouldnt mind my tax dollars going to promote that at all.
big_smile.png

Quote:
It was diverted to the Duck Slush Fund

lau.gif

Transparent ? Really ?

OK, I will say at least there is a website. We can ALL look at the little circles and feel good about it all.

I sincerely apologize. I get so completely steamed that this country is not what it used to be. My father fought in WWII and was buried in Arlington cemetery along with my mother. My father was the captain of a B17 in England with the 8th army airforce. He was a hero. My father thought me to stand up for myself, my mother was always by his side.

I just feel he fought for this country and now it has turned into a country lost.

I feel we are not free anymore unless we are told we are.

This is not a political conviction, it is my reality.

Quote:
As an adult I can tell you that many people I know personally will benefit from this stimulus bill. By Thursday of this week each state will know how much money they are getting for roads, bridges, infrastructure. The checks will be in the states' hands within two weeks. That means my brother, who sells parts for heavy equipment (think road building graders) was called back to work to handle the greater quantities of orders that are already starting to be phoned in today. My neighbor who works on a state construction project (re-building sewers from the 1800's) was laid off a few weeks ago when they ran out of money for the project. He also received a call back to work today, starting back next week already to complete the project now that the money is available.

It's a bit like reading War and Peace...the senators read the parts that pertained to their own interests within their states. (do you read every single word in your math book? and you will be tested on the info at some point) And heck yes, republicans were allowed to vote on it, see the bill, debate the contents...don't you see the public record (http://www.senate.gov) of "yays" and "nays", ever follow the news in DC? The vote is a matter of public record and can be viewed at any time. You can see exactly how every senator voted. And, they had a bi-partisan meeting last week to discuss the changes both parties felt necessary.

So the republican party didn't win the majority in this election. But maybe you should consider that this is a free country and we get to elect the people we feel fit the job. And it seems by the outcome of the election (and the outcome was not close) that the majority of voting citizens felt it was time for a change.

And I'm sure if you don't want to take part in this stimulus package that you will gladly give your weekly payroll tax rebate to some needy family for the next year. There are a lot of people who really appreciate a hand up, not a hand out.

They can call it transparent all they want. They are only going to put in what they want you to know (or think you know) anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom