Water and feet? (ducks with socks Pics!)

I used towels and rinsed the out then washed them. It is a lot of work, because you have to change them out two or three times a day, but it seemed to work okay.

Tia

I just really wish I knew what was causing this...the whole brooder was built so it could be cleaned easily with just pulling the shelf liner and hosing it off while the water mess fell through to the kitty litter below...its been working great...except these darn feet...I just wish I could figure it out! Neosporin on their feet? Wont it just rub right off?

If you use neosporin make sure it doesn't have pain killer in it and to keep it on, you can put baby socks on them to keep them from rubbing it off.

You could let them swim just before you put on the medicine. This seems to be a big topic today, other threads have suggested using pine pellets for bedding (these are intended for pellet stoves), and that sometimes foot sores are a result of niacin deficiencies. You can crush up niacin tablets and sprinkle a little of that on their food or also use brewers yeast.

Duh! Niacin! When I first got Tweak his feet were looking rough. CityChicker didn't know about the extra niacin ducks needed when she first got them. She corrected the issue, but Tweak's webbing even had tiny holes in it. I bet that is the problem because shelf liners are so soft and worked great for my ducks.

Brewer's yeast tablets are a great source of niacin, are cheap and easy to find. I crushed one up and sprinkled it on the chick starter I fed my babies.

Back
Top Bottom