Water and feet? (ducks with socks Pics!)

I have to apologize but I couldn't resist. That little duckling looking at it's socks had me laughing so hard at 3:30am that I just had to steal it! I'm using it as wallpaper on my laptop! I think that has to be the cutest thing I've ever seen!

I can't wait for my 8 year old grandson to wake up so I can show him. We have 6 Pekin ducks. We have them because they're his favorite and I know he's going to love this picture!

I really hope the Niacin helps! Good luck!

Laurie

smile.png
Should we nominate that pic of the duckling studying his baby socks as pic of the week?
Do they accept duck pics?

hmm that would be awesome to be the picture of the week! But i would bet since this is backyard chickens and not ducks that they prob dont take duck pics. Ill check though.

As far as the food I'm feeding them...it is a wild game bird starter crumble. I dont have the bag anymore so I dont know exactly whats in it. Hopefully the yeast will do the trick...I know the feet wont be perfect in the long run...I mean my feet have cracks in them lol. But i figure at 7 and below days old they probably shouldnt have cracks and sores already. So im hoping this does the trick.

And as for taking my picture that is fine. Im glad you all enjoyed them cause it sure was a lot of work to get those darn things on and they only stayed on for 4 hours lol. Poor little ducks.

Hopefully their feet will start to heal soon.

The one thing that does make me question whether it is for sure the feed is the age of the ducklings. Cracks like that typically in my experience do not start showing up until the birds are at least 4-6 weeks old. Are the birds ever on any other surface? Cement? If they are, that might be the source of the problem. If they are not ever on a hard surface, you might also try using a different liner for the brooder. It could even be some chemical in that particular one that it causing the problem. Now that I think about, wasn't there a new story about people's feet cracking open after wearing a particular flip-flop made in China. Let me see if I can find a link to it.....

Okay, here it is... http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/flipflop.asp

Anyway
, I would look at all possibilities. It might be the feed, but it might be something all together different.

What about yeast flakes will they work???
I cant find any brewer's yeast tablets in town. If so how much to I put in their food???

Tia

Thanks... I am soaking their feet ant putting neosprin on, but they don't seem to want bandages on them. One is worse than the others and some are okay. I will soak feet again tonight. Thanks so much for your answer

tia

Back
Top Bottom