Water and feet? (ducks with socks Pics!)

couple of days to a week? It clears up pretty quickly.

And you MUST take pictures of the duckling in baby socks!!!
gig.gif

Last edited:
ok got the brewers yeast...and the socks...this is gonna be great...

the tablets say

.12 mg of thiamin 8%
.04 mg riboflavin 2%
.30 mg niacin 2%

How much do i put in their food...?

i'd say one tablet should be good for each time you refill the dish. My adult duckies are currently getting a niacin capsule opened into their feed, and it seems to be helping a lot.

here's a pic of my victor when he had some boo boo's on his foot.... i got him to wear some slightly altered baby socks booties.... Now i stick with vet wrap, lol....

S7305271.jpg

Ok...my poor poor babies! The pekins are doing ok. After screaming bloody murder while i put them on they have figured out how to walk...i had use zip ties to hold them on...the socks were just too big. My mallards are smaller than the pekins and crawling. Yes my ducks are crawling...ill give them an hour or two and if they still cant figure it out...i ll take it off them. Im hoping i can keep it on them for at least a day or two to give their little feets time to heal. Poor babies...they looks so pathetic with their socks on...

Look at the glare from him!

41516_august_24-sept_18_305.jpg

My baby mallards cant quite get their feet under them...

41516_august_24-sept_18_307.jpg

41516_august_24-sept_18_306.jpg

41516_august_24-sept_18_304.jpg

41516_august_24-sept_18_303.jpg

Poor Babies...im not doing this to torture them I promise!!!

OMG too funny!
lau.gif
that last picture is priceless. I too would take off the socks if it seems like it's impeding their walking. It should just seem annoying at first, but they should get used to it. hopefully it won't be for too long anyway.

Last edited:
right now they are all passed out. They were screaming so much while i put them on that now they have tired themselves out. Ill be here til about six tonight and if they havent figured it out ill take it off of them. But they do look pretty silly. I feel so bad they had to go through this in the first place...i guess i missed the part about niacin...bad duck mama. Hopefully they will none worse for the wear after their feet heal up
fl.gif
. Poor babies. Now i'm exhausted too. Putting socks on 8 baby ducks is a lot of work!

Not a duck owner here but I have a question about the duck feet problem. Could you use some type of spray-on bandage like Nu-Skin or some such? I don't know the brand names. As long as it didn't have pain killer in it? It is water proof, wears off slowly and would protect the bottom of the feet until they heal without having to bandage or use socks. Just wondering.

Priceless! I don't know if I should laugh or just feel sorry for them.

I think they would be ok without the socks. Ducks usually heal pretty quick and don't need a lot of fussing.

Back
Top Bottom